Ballroom Dance > the voices in your head

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by fascination, Mar 26, 2009.

1. chomsky

chomsky Well-Known Member

this looks so much like my inner voice...are you sure it's not mine?

2. chomsky

my head tells me that instead of wasting all this money I might have some money to be able to live under the same roof with my hubby which hasn't been happening 4 years now...on the other hand, we are not under the same roof or in the same city but we are in the same country and that's improvement already!

3. chomsky

Now this rings a bell! Thanks for sharing this!

4. chomsky

Why is my teacher so preoccupied with my sweating? Is it something I did? I always sweat a lot, what can I do to fix it? Just get out of her way, I guess. But still, how come no one else ever complains? Is it because she doesn't like me and has no other way to say it? Why do I bother so much for her to like me?

5. FancyFeet

FancyFeet Well-Known Member

Take his hand, stretch, breathe out and go... hey, that felt really solid... counterbalance with your hip...right ribcage... ooohhh, pretty... stay with him, stay with him, stay with him... WAIT... right ribcage and stretch!... wheee!... stretch and run, run, run... step back... stretch... I feel pretty :)... lower.... go... darn it, turned head too early again... focus.... go!... wait!... why did you pick your foot up?... shut up... focus... aaaand shape.

^^ this is my current waltz routine.

6. llamasarefuzzy

llamasarefuzzy Well-Known Member

Need to practice, need to practice, need to practice. Competing in a month. Prechamp. Not ready for this. Oh, wait, you did really well last year in novice. Time to move up. Except, nope, not ready. Practice, practice, practice. Wish I didn't have so much other stuff to do so I could have more partner practice time. Prechamp. Crap.

Loki and stash like this.
  7. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Rear wheel drive, no squirrels.

Rear wheel drive = push off of the standing foot; don't throw the moving foot out there and then try to pull to it.

Squirrels = flying feet.

fascination and Loki like this.
  8. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

at this rate, I will never be ready to compete next year

9. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

Ow my feet hurt.....

10. JANATHOME

JANATHOME Well-Known Member

use your supporting foot

11. latingal

latingal Well-Known Member

must stretch more.....ugh

12. cornutt

Resurrecting an old thread:

Give the follow time to finish what you lead before you lead something else.

j_alexandra likes this.
  13. j_alexandra

j_alexandra Well-Known Member

Oh, thank you (which is both a voice in my head and a response to Cornutt's voice)

14. body-hip-body-hip-body-hiiippp (this is a turn); fan -oh! was that supposed to be a fan? no - a rock step... Exhale - be sharp!
    forwardforwardforwardforward - STOP.

The start to my current chacha.

15. s2k

s2k Well-Known Member

"The voices in your head"

Oh, you mean Brenda?

"Wow, yeah, you're not doing that right. When your coach does it, she's way more flexible in the back than you are. You'll never get that right. Oh, you're going to try? Aw, look at you! /baby voice/ You're twy-ing!"

"Haven't you had, like, four lessons on that already? Clearly you're never going to get it. You should probably just resign yourself to looking like you do."

/files nails/ "That's the new choreography?" /goes back to filing nails/

"Your partner is going to hate the way you're doing that. I'm just saying."

"You know you need to be lifted in the ribcage - dang, don't stick your chest out that far, cripes, you'll put someone's eyes out. How many dancers have bodies like yours again? I'll wait."

Sigh. Brenda.

SwingingAlong and FancyFeet like this.
  16. Loki

Loki Well-Known Member

"Don't do it. Too many witnesses right now."

cloey, cornutt, fascination and 2 others like this.
  17. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

hmmm...looks like some good things are in the hard drive afterall

j_alexandra likes this.
  18. cornutt

It's easier said than done sometimes. That timer keeps ticking in my head. I'm working on it.