Dancers Anonymous > The Whining thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by chandra, Oct 19, 2005.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yeah. Me too. Whin-jing sounds so much better, to me, than whin-ging. :lol: :lol:

And, btw, I forgot my softs and hards, when it comes to gs. Not sure which is which. :oops: :oops: Where's DWise1? I bet he knows. :lol: :lol:

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

g = hard, j = soft. :wink:

3. pygmalion

Yeah. Sounds vaguely familiar. :lol:

4. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yep, that's the correct pronunciation! :D

"To whinge" is used a lot in Britain (in some areas more than others), and it means "to complain". It's a bit different from "whine", which, as well as possibly meaning "a complaint", or "to complain", can also be used to indicate a particular tone of voice (usually high-pitched or plaintive.)

Rosa :)

5. pygmalion

Yeah. I got the feeling that whinge, in the UK, is the verb. Whine may well be considered a noun (as in, a high-pitched whine.)

6. pygmalion

Hey. No posts in a couple days. Does this mean nobody in DF has anything to whine about? :shock: :lol:

7. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well I'll whine b/c I still cant get my avatar up and its not the fault of the new set-up...just can't locate it in MY computer...need DH for this...can't figure out where he hid it...of course its not with all the other photos that are too big and would have to be cropped....and I'm not that savvy yet...oh well...maybe I'll just wait til after osb...it wasnt the betst shot on the planet anyway

8. fascination

and while I'm whining ...okay Ill admit it, it didn't deserve its own thread...BUT,I MISS MACHA....could have used her sense o humor yesterday

9. pygmalion

Whew. I'm relieved to see someone whine about something. Now I know we're normal. :cool:

10. fascination

well now that I know I am providing a public service, I will be sure to do it more often(missing my winking and cool guy emoticons...and a pouting one too)

11. pygmalion

Yepper. Whining makes the world go 'round. :wink: :cool: :lol:

(Missing 'em too.)

Hey. It looks like the cool guy is just a colon followed by the word cool followed by a colon.

12. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

ACtually yopu can use smilies...but only when posting a message. The option does not seem to show up when repting to a post. Right now I can see below the quick reply message box two options. Quick reply and Go advanced. Clicking on go advanced gives me smilies on the right hand side. :shock: :eek: :eek: :cool:

ACtually just discovered can only use 4 smilies at a time... :-(

13. pygmalion

Eeek! There goes the ballgame, folks. :lol:

14. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

Why I'm whining today:

1) My new manager has assigned me develop Power Point training for my office, to be given sometime between November 17 and 23. I'm tired of being the one to develop and give training. Sometime, I'd like to be on the receiving end of training. Where is the help when I need it?

2) I'm scheduled to be on vacation November 11 through 18.

15. pygmalion

Ooh! Lots to whine about. Does the manager know about your vacation? And isn't this the same person who "accidentally" made a disparaging remarks about a week or so ago? Grr.

16. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Got a zillion little cuts on my hands from having to handle fiberglass insulation yesterday. Just thinking about it makes me itch.

17. lynn

lynn New Member

Maybe because you're vital to the office?? Usually i find people who train are those who really knows the stuff!

18. pygmalion

Ouch.

Had to add extra characters to make this post. Can you hear the whine in my voice? :lol:

19. lynn

lynn New Member

Next time maybe use gloves??

20. pygmalion

Whine. I don't know the syntax for quotes. Is it still the same. Gotta go figure it out.