Dancers Anonymous > The Whining thread

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by chandra, Oct 19, 2005.

1. diputs

diputs New Member

2 things

1) I have no idea what time I have to be at work tomorrow. It is either noon or 1pm. IN general it would not bother me so much, except is is sunday after all. I would love the extra time in the morning to take car of some things. My real gripe is that this happens all the time. I am semi-freelance. Basically, I know I can make a living at this place, but I never know my work schedule. I think I have determined that my boss has no consideration for other peoples time. He figures the best thing to do is to have no one know when they are working next.

2) Being obsessed with DF, I wanted to buy a Palm TX so that I can check my e-mail and be able to browse the web at work. So I went to compusa, and they had the new palm, but they could not get me online to check it out. I kind of found it strange that I wanted to buy a $300 item, and they could not get me on one of their existing wireless networks. Maybe $300 is nothing to compusa, but it doesn't make sense to me.

2. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

OK, it's my turn to whine. I had a really bad day today, I rear-ended a car. Totally my fault, and my car has had a lot of damage, because the car it hit was an SUV, so its bumper was a lot higher than mine, so my car kind of went under it and had a lot of damage to its hood. And my bank did something stupid, too, they placed double hold on my deposit, which caused a check to bounce. Fortunately I noticed that one in time, or I might have had a lot more bounced checks. I just feel so depressed about all this. :(

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am so sorry...I feel for ya...I have had 4 car crises in the past two weeks...I am recommending egg nog and luther vandross' christmas cd for this ;)

4. macha

macha New Member

Whine of the year:
    Our studio's NYE party's cancelled! :crying:

Bigger whine of the year: My babymare's a LOT skinnier than I first thought she was, and I can't bring her up here until middle of spring because of her health! If you look close, yes, that's every rib she has.

[​IMG]

EDIT: Sorry- I was going to put this in the whining thread, and was looking at this one instead. My bad.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

A DA mod could probably move your post for you. I don't have the permissions, or I'd do it myself. :)

6. Medira

Medira New Member

Done!

7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Whining. Erm. Money!! I need moneeeeeeeey!

Twilight Elena

8. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

More slings and arrows of outrageous fortune.........

the mother of my two year old daughter has made her plans for the whole Christmas holiday, and , oh yes, there's a window on tuesday morning when you can see your daughter.

I'm heading for the nearest bridge......

9. fascination

dont do that...she deserves you on tuesday morning...with a big smile on you face and without grousing about her.mom...while its hard...kids pick up on these politics eventually and on who spared them and who didnt spare them the details:friend:

10. fascination

no lesson for the next 3 1/2 WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(breathes into paper bag):shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

11. bordertangoman

bordertangoman Well-Known Member

kind words

12. fascination

i was two when my parents divorced....I saw my dad once a week...I mean what I say...your love for her must always be greater than your anger with her mom....very hard...I know...but she needs you

13. Medira

Medira New Member

You must remember, no matter how difficult this time may get, to do the following...

1. inhale
    2. exhale
    3. repeat

:friend:

14. fascination

well at least SD's back

15. fascination

still though about calling my pro and begging today....may have to resort to some other pro...but you know how that is...then they want you to keep coming:rolleyes:

16. Medira

Medira New Member

*ahem* ...and that's a bad thing? ;)

Seriously though, maybe look around your area for a venue that offers social ballroom dancing? We have a few social clubs around that offer ballroom nights and they're great for those nights when you just need to dance. Take your dh out for an evening to help ease the withdrawl a bit.

17. fascination

well:oops: :oops: I will be goingto group tues night through fri....BUT ITS NOT THE SAME...(full spoiled brat mode) I want my privates.....okay ...dh and I will go and have fun and in truth I can practice alot this week now...doggone spin turn...plus have tons of stuff to do ad am shopping for mom and going to see her so it'll pass...(am I convincing someone?)

18. Medira

Medira New Member

Oh, believe me, I understand.

Hmm...maybe look into a couple of privates with a female pro? That's what I did for a little while and she gave me some fabulous pointers on styling, arm position and expression that my regular instructors probably never would have thought of....

19. fascination

well that is a good point and I have done that before...not the same though....want big stron excellent man to dance smooth and standard with...pouts:(

20. Medira

Medira New Member

:friend:

I definitely understand. You can make it through though! I know you will. :)