Ballroom Dance > Videos > The Yulia thread

Discussion in 'Videos' started by TinyDancer109, May 4, 2010.

1. Yes, they have changed it but if you watch closely, they haven't changed THAT much. They have simply rearranged some things. UK Open is a good example...compare their solo and what they do in the group final...you'll see how they cleverly like to start in the middle of their routine sometimes.

However, I do appreciate it when pros mix it up :) I'm a huge fan of M&J but it's getting to boring for me...it's always the same thing...over and over and over again (and that goes for any couple that becomes too repetitive for me).

Wait, did I just point out another reason why I love Y&R so much??? lolll

2. Mufanga

Mufanga Member

That´s an interesting topic (I don´t know if it´s open in another thread). How often pros change their routines? I´ve been noticing that most of them only change the beginning of the routines from time to time, and most of it keep the body of the routine for years and years. What´s your opinio/knowledge?

3. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

A2R I like the video because it is a collection of amazing costumes... she always looks beautiful and classy. And isn't afraid to wear long skirts that have smooth potential!!
    Thanks again!

4. GJB

GJB Well-Known Member

You told me about the first one : )

5. TinyDancer109

TinyDancer109 Well-Known Member

My heart dropped when I saw this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nDBNGZ2-MQ&NR=1

that looked so painful! and although i think riccardo might have accidently tripped her, i still love how sweet he was with her *swoon* ... he kissed her hands and gave her a moment...

6. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

7. TinyDancer109

that is a lovely one!

8. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

*swoon* I'm obsessed with rumba right now so that was great to watch :)

9. Was it this dress? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqcv...D3964A88&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=16

I lovee love love this Cha Cha...I think it's a great showcase of their strong chemistry. And of course, you can see accidents happen again but they just go on and you can also see how they just go with the flow.

10. Yes!!! Me too!!!

You know, I watched this video before I had ever met Yulia and I remember thinking gosh, she must have been so embarrassed about that fall. But then, when I had one of my first lessons with her, I don't remember how it came up but I told her about my fear of tripping when I compete (because I almost tripped during my first dance at my first big competition because of those stupid cracks on those hotel floors caused by sheets of wood that are put together to form the dance floor) and she was so casual about the way she talked about falling. She first admitted that it's happened to her a bunch of times (which I thought was so not stuck up since I know a few pros who hate admitting their faults or even accidents). She also said that you can't dance while worried about falling, you just need to dance and when you do fall (and she said not to be surprised if I do fall because I will, as do many other pros bc we're all human), just get up and continue to enjoy your dance. Sometimes your fall brings out your personality too :)

11. TinyDancer109

:shock: *googly eyes* you are so lucky!! :mrgreen: <--- I'm green with envy!

12. DancinDrea19

DancinDrea19 New Member

13. samina

samina Well-Known Member

14. TinyDancer109

I've always loved that trick on them... they make look easy

15. samina

samina Well-Known Member

thanks for this one, dancindrea... lovely. she seems to have really evolved her soft side, which is very nice to see.

16. nimmity

nimmity New Member

I've only just found Yulia and Max's Hip Hip CHin CHin routine and I love it!

17. TinyDancer109

Yes, that routine is brilliant! :)

18. wonderwoman

wonderwoman Well-Known Member

ohhhh yeah

19. sambanada

sambanada Active Member

That one and the bird dance are my favorites.

20. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

I like those, too, sambanada...