General Dance Discussion > thinking of cutting my hair

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by liz, Aug 10, 2008.

1. etp777

etp777 Active Member

You'll figure it out Liz. always takes me a while to get used to fixing hair when I do a noticable change. Part of reason I keep finding excuses to put it off, but may do something different next time I'm in, for our showcase in september and then comp in october. Not sure if it will be long enough to make a change

2. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

Soon, I think. :)

3. Chiron

Chiron New Member

I'll second that remark! Sassy and sexy.

4. wooh

wooh Well-Known Member

When I still had short hair the secret I found was to learn to stop while I was ahead. Get the right product, use a minimal amount, and do it and go. Don't try to make it "perfect" because you'll eventually start making it worse. The less you do to it, the better.:)

5. njdancegirl

njdancegirl Active Member

Excellent advice Wooh!

While I'm loving short hair, I am experiencing the downside again rather quickly...very frequent haircuts! Chopped it off in July and already have scheduled another appt for next week...hits that point of "too long" very quickly! And my salon is not convenient anymore since changing jobs :(, but I really like my stylist, so I continue to drive...

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

looks great, Liz! And actually looks more natural, imo.

7. liz

liz New Member

I am a natural red head, just not this color red. I have been dying my hair for so long my kids don't even know what color my hair naturally.:p

8. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

;)

i don't know what is my natural color.

i am coloring my hair for the last 9 years. :cool:

i agree with wooh - the less you touch and try to do something special, that's better. (also know from the experiance).

9. chachachacat

chachachacat Well-Known Member

I recently got my cut my hair pretty short. It's in a graduated bob, shorter in back, longer in front. It works very well for dancing! No messing with it needed.
    I love it and I've gotten lots of compliments.
    It was a tad scary to do it at first, but I'm so glad I did.

10. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

After all the trouble your hair has been through, I'd recommend a good haircare product. Got a good mask a year ago and it has done WONDERS. Either ask your hair stylist or go buy the one that says "For damaged hair".
    I can't pull off short hair, but if you can, I love it. Especially for dancing, I think it's pretty cute. :D

11. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

i tried everything to get my hair softer, but it is still thick and sharp and i don't know what to do. :confused:

12. hustleNflow

hustleNflow New Member

Have you tried sleeping with a deep conditioner on it? Slather a generous amount on dry hair before bed, slide on a shower cap, and sleep. Shampoo and condition as usual in the morning. Aveda Damage Remedy Intensive Restructuring Treatment is my fave :cool:

13. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

no, i haven't. but i'll try.

my BF just bought me redgen shampoo and conditioner. i'll see if it's going to better.

14. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I leave on my hair mask for a good 10-15 minutes. I figure it's expensive enough, better let it do the work instead of rinsing in 2 minutes.

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Butter Treat by Redkin. Rinse hardly any of it out before you style

16. liz

liz New Member

This stuff is the best, I use it too. I have been doing this for over a month now... Really seems to help.

17. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just got Morrocan Miracle Oil for my hair (and use it on my face and body as well). The stuff is great for softening/shining. And it smells heavenly.

18. liz

liz New Member

update- need to get my hair cut again. Kinda to round. Thinking I might go shorter or just let it grow back out. Can't decide.

19. Laura

Laura New Member

I sometimes put coconut oil in my hair, put on a shower cap, wrap it in a scarf, and sleep on it. The next morning I wash it out.

20. gracie

gracie Active Member

Beautiful new dress in your avatar, Laura. When did you make it?