General Dance Discussion > thinking of cutting my hair

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by liz, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

Didn't make it -- it's a rather old Chrisanne gown that I can finally fit back into. I am sort of working on a new dress, though.

2. gracie

gracie Active Member

Congratulations! You look really thin in that picture!

3. Laura

Laura New Member

Thanks, I've lost six pounds since then too :)

4. Standarddancer

Standarddancer Well-Known Member

like the color of Laura's dress and Laura looks so HOT in it!!!

5. Standarddancer

I just cut my hair about 2" shorter. I usually have the same girl from hair salon who does my comp hair to cut my hair since she knows the exact length needed for my comp hair up-do. I would be worried if someone other than her to cut my hair; if hair cut too short for a bun or French twist, and there is a comp coming, I could be in trouble.

6. Laura

Laura New Member

OH, right, back on topic...I got my hair cut on Monday! Hadn't had it cut since early May. The lady cleaned it up, made some of the layers more distinct, and also added some "lowlights" because my hair was getting so one-dimensional bottle-blonde light that I couldn't take it any more. When she was all done she flat-ironed it and it looked great. I got a flat iron, now I have to figure out how to use it :)

I told her when she was cutting it that so long as I could get it back into at least a stubby ponytail I'd be fine with any length. I have a variety of fake hair pieces in a variety of shades of blonde that I've been using over the years to get that "Standard" look, I just pop them on over whatever kind of ponytail I can make.

7. Praesul

Praesul New Member

8. hereKittyKitty

hereKittyKitty Administrator Staff Member

Awesome:) This is a good style. Btw-I love Charlize's style

9. hereKittyKitty

I can Identify with this. We recently moved from the suburbs to the city.I loved the way my hairdresser in the burbs cut my hair. The first few months that we lived in town, I went to a hairdresser down the street. After a few bad haircuts, I decided it was worth the trip to go back to the suburbs.:|

10. Laura

Laura New Member

This is going to sound crazy, but I never get my hair cut or colored by the same person twice. It all started years ago, when I desperately needed a hair cut and got one on the cruise ship my mom and I were on. It came out great! Since then, I get my hair cut in different places...I've had it cut in Hong Kong International Airport (awesome), my bathroom (best cut ever, from a friend of a friend visiting from Colorado), on several different cruise ships, and at a spa in New Mexico (this week).

11. hereKittyKitty

All I can say is- you are brave;)

12. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Defuinitely brave. I'm a boring/tried and true person. I find someone i like and I'll stick with them for years. Have appointment in two weeks to make final cut foor comp. Have to talk to pro about it next lesson. brought it up with friends this week. Consesnsus was to screw idea of keeping hair same as the pros in area, and do what I want. Which is what I was hopin for. :) So it'll be short and messy again. Unless pro says otherwise.

13. Laura

Laura New Member

Hair grows. I've done crazy things like dyed my own hair fuchsia and electric blue, cut it myself, and given myself spiral perms :) I figure no random decently-trained hair stylist can mess it up more than I have in the past!

14. etp777

etp777 Active Member

heh, did camouflage hair with neicie of my current regular hair dresser. We were trying to do just green, but my hair refused to all bleachc. even with foil, ended up with chemical burnson scalp. So just left some brown, and dyed the stuff that did bleach out to blond green. was 30 day green dye, so later ended up mostly blond, and rest brown with blonde highlights (definitely doestn't fit me, least, not to my eyey, though I did get compliments).

15. QPO

QPO New Member

I too tend to move hairdressers having said that my current hairdresser is the longest that I have been with, I like the way she colours it and always maintains good lustre. But I am getting itchy feet ;-(, this one does not like to cut hair, she grows it long for most of her customers. I like shorter hair as I get older and struggle to get her to cut it off.

16. Standarddancer

oh so bad, I can't believe there is no one does good job for your hair near where you live. I'm quite lucky, the hair stylist is one block away from my home. Really easy to find her to do my French twist right before local comp. She told me that low bun requires longer hair than French twist so just I have to be careful not to cut my hair super short when I travel to compete while only have access to hair stylists who are only capable with low buns.

17. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

This is me!!

I've never been to someone more than once.

18. Standarddancer

I'm more with herekittykitty and etp777, I'm all simple or boring, when I find someone I really like, I'll stick with that person. I'll be freak out if my hair has to be cut by someone totally unfamiliar right before an important comp; so worried the person gives a bad cut or cut too short for a proper comp hair up-do.

19. eugene1213

eugene1213 New Member

hey
    i want to cut my hair as well just want to make my movement more clear when i practising
    but kinda love my long hair

20. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

LOL. i am the same. :cool: