Salsa > This week's mission (Wed Jan 12, 2005) - eye contact

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Salsaonone

Salsaonone New Member

Re: This week's mission, if you choose to accept...

I did try to do it a few times with a few different partners, and while establishing eye contact was not a problem in any of the dances, I could not get myself to keep it for very long, altough I tried..it just feels weird to be staring at eachother for that long, especially if there is no romantic involvement....I mean dancing with the right partner and looking into each other eyes can lead to other things, which does not feel right for me when dancing....Hmm...maybe the next task is to make out with your dance partner (only those that you are not romantically involved with).... :shock: :shock:

2. tj

tj New Member

:doh:

Lol, is this next week's mission? :wink: :roll:

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:eyebrow: Salsaonone, nice try but umm, you obviously have not sussed my persona :wink: it is all "work and no play" when I am in serious mode :raisebro:

TJ :roll: :bkick: :friend:

4. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:shock: Yeah, right. :roll: :roll: Maybe if I could ... (oops, don't use that word/phrase, DP) ... bring myself to try grinding? ;) :lol:

Nope, probably not.

5. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

Mission Complete :) I think eye contact is something I do fairly naturally. I only find it difficult in dancing if I am not into my partner (and concerned he's too into me) or if we're doing a lot of complicated stuff and we're both concentrating (and then I tend to get distracted by the corner of people watching us more than my partner's eyes)

Would that be a challenge? The challenge is avoiding making out while dancing :roll:

6. tj

tj New Member

What?!? You made out with someone already? :shock:

:wink: :mrgreen: :twisted:

7. DancePoet

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yep, and it was with me! And she didn't make me try grinding either! ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. tj

tj New Member

So did the two of you keep your eyes open and take care of this week's assignment too?
    :tongue:

9. DancePoet

The weekend is just beginning! :tongue: :D ;) :lol:

10. Salsaonone

Salsaonone New Member

I did mention that it had to be with partners that you are not romantically involved with....does that apply here? If it does, congratulations, Im jelous....otherwise, doesn't count.... :wink:

11. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

Oh, dear.... where to begin.... In this situatin, I believe the less said the better....

I said Mission Complete in reference to the original challenge, not the making out challenge (a lady would never kiss and tell :wink: )
    and DP, I'm afraid you have me confused with someone else, but I'm glad you had a good time.

12. tacad

tacad New Member

ROTFL!

:notworth:

I so have to visit Indy!

13. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

:lol: You're right, Indy is a great city! Big city, near even larger cities. Just about anything you could want to do, friendly. Spread out enough that it doesn't feel crowded, but you can get from just about anywhere to anywhere in 20 minutes or less. And we have salsa 5 days a week.

14. tacad

tacad New Member

Oh yeah, that's good too. :wink: 8)

15. tj

tj New Member

Well, that's no fun! :wink: :lol:

16. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

[​IMG] what?[/img]

17. DancePoet

I'm not romantically involved with anyone, currently. :(

18. DancePoet

I believe TJ was just cracking a joke, and me being me, I ran with it in all my silliness, and I've been silly all day. :oops: :roll:

Can somebody say, "DP, would you just keep quiet and go dance. ;) :lol:

19. DancePoet

(No, DP, keep quiet and dance!)

20. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

Your humor wasn't lost on me.... I just figured there were enough crackups in the bunch and someone had to play the straight'man'