Salsa > This week's mission (Wed Jan 12, 2005) - eye contact

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Jan 11, 2005.

1. tacad

tacad New Member

DP, please continue to post silly, flirtacious posts. I don't see anyone complaining. :wink:

2. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Outstanding!

3. tacad

tacad New Member

Staightman? I gotta look at that avatar again. :?

EDIT: Ah! Missed the ' ' in straight'man'

4. DancePoet

Do I have to? ;)

Somehow I suspect it will be difficult to resist.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

(DP, Get the heck out of here and go dance!!!)

5. tj

tj New Member

Lol!

DP, Tacad, and BE - have a wonderful weekend!
    :wink:

6. tacad

tacad New Member

Seriously, it's friendly there? I've heard that the rest of the country in general is friendly compared to California or certainly LA. Have you been to LA to compare the two? A former student who studies in Georgia told me that the south is not friendly to outsiders and California is much friendlier (I'm not saying you are the south) but he probably doesn't know LA. You would consider yourselves mid-west right? This is just something I've been curious about. I should start a thread on this. I think I will, in Dancers Anonymous. Go ahead and reply there if you don't mind. :)

7. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

8. DancePoet

Mission Accomplished!

With different ladies, and different styles, Foxtrot, Tango, Hustle,and yes, even Mambo! :D

Frankly, it was rather easy.

9. Salsaonone

Salsaonone New Member

mission

You were able to look at eachother for the entire song? Last night I was at a "ballroom" dance, and I spent more time than normal looking at follower's eyes, but couldnt keep it for the entire dance, although I did go back and do it several times within the dance...

As for ideas for another mission: For those who only lead or only follow, do the other with someone who also does only the opposite...so if you only lead, try following a partner who has only followed....just an idea...?? :?:

10. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:lol: You guys are funny! Of those of you who said you had "mission accomplished" status, you didn't say "how" you did it. :?

How did you get your partner to look at you? :roll: Did any of you resort to telling your partner about this thread? :lol: How did you overcome your own "shyness"/reticience to look at your partner?

11. tj

tj New Member

...they made out with them first! :twisted: :tongue:

12. tacad

tacad New Member

Mostly I accomplished the mission. But I've given up trying to force it. Rather I go with whatever the natural chemistry is between us. Sometimes it is glancing at her, other times a more steady look, sometimes a smoldering , burning , passionate look, and sometimes :twisted: looking from head to toe all the way up and down. But it varies from woman to woman. And this is the interplay between us.

The first time was difficult. motardmom's advice , just to be bold, was the start. And Sagitta said to do some turns to relieve the pressure. Those two things got me started. The thread is Initial eye contact, maintaining eye contact if anyone is interested. Some excellent advice there.

13. Sabor

Sabor New Member

really!? :shock: .. all i had to do was make funny faces .. go figure..
    altho, have to admit that making eye contact while crossing one's eyes is kinda .. strange..? :lol:

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Unless she's crossing her eyes too? :roll: :lol:

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:nope: Sabor and Pygmalion!

16. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

how? If I look at them, I generally receive eye contact. No foul means necessary.

17. DancePoet

Re: mission

Were we suppose to keep it for the entire dance???
    Oooh! Now this sounds like a mission! :)

18. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Re: mission

:doh: ever heard of learning to crawl before trying to run! :? :lol:

19. DancePoet

I just looked at them, usually several times during the dance, all with ladies I knew, and they smiled and looked back. I suppose you could count it was the move that tiggered me looking, but hey, these ladies are familiar with my dancing. There is no shyness here. ;)

20. DancePoet

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Absolutly not! Well, ok, only with BrookeErin. ;) :lol:

(BE is going to smack you, DP.)