Salsa > This week's mission (Wed Jan 12, 2005) - eye contact

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by Pacion, Jan 11, 2005.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Glad I'm not the only one that finds this easy. :D

I'd give you a big hug if I could, and I'd save a kiss for your cheek. Unless of course we were seeing eachother. ;)

2. BrookeErin

BrookeErin New Member

You make out with them After, not First.... Did you forget? :wink: :roll: 8)

3. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:nope: she is going to have to take a number and join the queue! I have the first thousand tickets :tongue: :friend: :lol:

4. DancePoet

Good point.

5. DancePoet

Pacion, are you flirting with me? ;)

Would you believe it if I told you "smack" meant kiss? I'm sure if you had known there wouldn't have been as many tickets purchased, at least not by you. :tongue: ;) :lol:

Here's one for free anyway. :kissme:

6. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Interesting. Eye contact is one of the few things I've never had a problem with, and although most leaders (eventually :lol:) look back at me, there have been guys who seem determined not to look in my direction :roll:.

My method: There are certain moves where the leader seems more likely to notice me :lol:, and when I'm led into these moves, I do my best to make sure he notices me (this is done through certain styling :wink:). When the leader notices it and looks at me, I give a huge big smile. If he smiles back, I consider the mission to be accomplished.

When I dance with a beginner, I sometimes tell him to look up and look at me. I don't do this very often though.

7. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Yikes! :shock: Trust you to be ambiguous! Okay, who wants to buy "one ticket to smack DP, get nine hundred and ninty eight for free :!: :wink: :lol:

(I am keeping the thousandth one as a reminder not to believe everything DP says :wink: :lol: )

8. Salsaonone

Salsaonone New Member

Re: mission

If the follower has not lead before, you will be doing alot, alot..ALOT of basics...so don't worry...Im not asking you to get your instructor to lead/follow you, Im saying get someone who has never done it before, but wants to try it...The person who normally leads will find that they mostly have to do basics....just make it look good...and both will find out its much easier to follow...at least the basics...

9. DancePoet

Ayuh. And both usually come before dancin, although I have this one nephew ...

Actually, I had a follower lead me yesterday in AT who had never been a lead before, so does this mean this weeks mission has already been accomplished? ;)

10. Salsaonone

Salsaonone New Member

Perhaps we should go for quantity as well..see how many you can get to lead you/follow you, whatever is not the norm...

11. Danish Guy

Danish Guy New Member

DG report

I focused on this for some dances, and didn’t have any problems. But keeping the eye contact through the entire song doesn’t feel natural for me, so I skipped that. But as I read, that wasn’t the point. Getting the connection, the eye contact and getting to know how you are going to dance with your partner is kind of natural know.

I also use the peek-a-boo moves, where you lose the eye contact, then getting hopefully getting a smile or something when you catch her eyes.

I cant get a good connection if she kind of ignores me while we dance. But its fortunately long time since this happened. This is not the same as the I know you are looking at me, so I will look a little away, so you can look at me game.

My main problem might be concentrating on remembering the move I feel like doing sometimes make me fade out for a moment.

12. DancePoet

This sounds like fun!

13. Pacion

Pacion New Member

Have I ever told you guys that patience is a pre-requisite and not a virtue? :wink:

14. DancePoet

:lol: Spoken in true Pacion fashion! ;)

15. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:notworth: :lol:

16. DancePoet

Oooh! That's the first time a compliment by me has been taken like that by Pacion :shock: :wink: :lol:

I'm not sure I should be careful, thankful, or both. ;) :lol:

Maybe she has a soft appreciative side after all. :D

17. Pacion

Pacion New Member

:eyebrow: or maybe Mars is transitting Jupiter :raisebro: :lol:

18. DancePoet

Either way, I like it! :bouncy:

19. DancePoet

Made eye contact this weekend while doing V. Waltz! It was very fun! :D

20. jamaicanspice

jamaicanspice New Member

Re: This week's mission, if you choose to accept...

a BIT edgy???????/ (sorry I just coming in but I was AWOL :D )