Dancers Anonymous > Three Wishes

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Oct 19, 2003.

1. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

As I started my holiday shopping recently, I started reflecting on the kinds of gifts I like to give, and the kinds of gifts I like to receive. And, of course, I became very philosophical. So here's a philosophical question for you.

If you were granted three wishes for your nearest gift-exchanging holiday, Hanukkah, Eid, Christmas, or other, what would you wish for? :D

2. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

giving or receiving?

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hmm. I was sort of thinking receiving, but take your pick. The sky, and your imagination, is the limit. :D

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

so we're ignoring any sense of reality?

I'd like world peace and free air fare.

5. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

hmmm, how very spontanious.
    a boyfriend, a clean room, and an end to government scandels.(yah, as if thats ever gonna happen) basically, the last one would probably end a lot of problems, like wars and stuff. we all know a teens room can never be clean for more then 5 min, so i hope u all have imaginative minds. :roll:

6. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hmm...

1. Stronger faith
    2. To be love (yes I meant to put love and not loved, but loved is good too)
    3. To be a phenominal dancer

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

1. Ditto on the "stronger faith
    2. Continuance of reciprocated love
    3. Get rid of all alarm clocks in my house

8. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

1. To be able to fly
    2. To live a long happy life
    3. and Word Peace (yes I did just sound like a miss america contestant)

9. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Since reality is what we percieve it to be despite how different we all see things... Imma ask to for.. TO BE and will give being to those who seek a present from me.

10. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

What???? I'm having a confused moment...please help. :oops:

11. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Well I'm sure my wishes will change from day to day, but right now they are:

1. World peace (ok, that won't happen, but I wanted to put that anyway)
    2. Win a really big lottery
    3. Build a huge dance club that's open 24/7

12. dancer_of_god

dancer_of_god New Member

how very cool, dancergal! 8)

I think what he means is that reality for you may be different then my reality or anybody else's. So he wants just to 'be'. And maybe be able to give a feeling of 'meaning' to other people who ask for it.
    Tell me if I'm wrong or this is way off track. Then again, my reality is different then yours. 8)

13. borikensalsero

borikensalsero Moderator

Wepa.... You are along the tracks, Especially with the "your own reality".

Well, Imma try to explain it the easiest I can.

When you just are(BE), you become part of everything, hence you and everything are one. A state of total love(agapeo) by being part of everything takes over your body. Once you are at this state all you can do is give love, for you have become LOVE itself and actions from such state can only be of love, hence your wishes for world peace... Peace can't be achieved while we all see peace in relative terms. To me peace is a state of being(already there), while to others it is a state of man's achievemnts...

14. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I suppose a wish for world peace is more like the wish for people to just stop killing each other for once.

15. MissAlyssa

MissAlyssa New Member

Patience, more faith in myself, no financial worries