Ballroom Dance > Videos > Timothy Howson & Joanne Bolton Waltz Demo

Discussion in 'Videos' started by Dapenda, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

Can anyone tell me the name of the hauntingly beautiful song in this demo?

2. DanceScientist

DanceScientist New Member

Wow, what a beautiful location too!

3. Becca

Becca Active Member

And I was actually there!

Wow, this brings back the memories, my first ever year at Blackpool, my first time at the Congress!

And yes, every time I hear this track it gives me shivers, bringing back all of those gorgeous memories . . . I want to know what it is, too!

They also used it for their Waltz demonstration in World Super Stars 2003 if that is any help for finding it.

4. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

thx for the help becca, but still can't seem to find the info for the song yet, practicing to youtube music isnt that bad for now though

5. White Chacha

White Chacha Active Member

That's frustrating - I found the Toga website. There are song lists for the videos but they're incomplete. And of course the name of that waltz is missing. Grrrr.

6. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

what's Toga, if I may ask.

I was able to get the tracks for the 2004 WSS, but 2003 is still a mystery....

Thanks for helping though White chacha

7. White Chacha

Toga is the Japanese person or company who produce the World Super Star video series.

Correction: the company name seems to be Segue: http://www.segue.co.jp/ .

8. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

interesting, the waltz piece is a mystery even to them:
    ティモシー・ホーソン & ジョアン・ボルトン
    デモ順曲名演奏者 / 歌手 / 作曲者
    Quickstep Come / On a My House / *
    Viennese Waltz / Blue Danube / J. Strauss・
    Tango / Libertango / Astor piazzolla
    Slow Foxtrot / From Russia With Love / *
    Waltz / * / *

9. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

Anyways, I sent Timothy&Joanne an email. Made a comment on how I absolutely loved and had to know the title of the waltz piece played throughout their 2005 Blackpool Congress lecture.

Not sure if they'll answer at all, but Timothy has been injured since May (didn't they skip the Blackpool 07?) and hopefully one of them will have some time in their hands to look through their website emails.

10. LindyKeya

LindyKeya Member

I may be off, but it sounds like it is a version of a song maybe called "You Light Up My Life." I'm not sure if that was the title, but those were the words of the chorus. Again, this would not be the original version (the one I'm familiar with is probably from the 70's or 80's), but the tune sounds the same.

11. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Skip, no, since they did dance in the team match on Tuesday night. He hurt his back later in the week, so ended up leaving Blackpool to get treatment later.

12. samina

samina Well-Known Member

watching this for the second time i'm still amazed at how lovely joanne dances... so smooth & light & dynamic... lovely.

13. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

[yt]wxo0lsJnx-U[/yt]

That's a pretty good observation. Though I don't think they're the same song, the main chorus at 2:51 in this song is indeed identical to the beginning of the Tim&Jo waltz.

14. White Chacha

Yeah, I heard that bit in the waltz as well, but dismissed it as "thematic imitation" ;-)

15. Dapenda

Dapenda New Member

Btw, how is that vibrating sound made in the beginning tune of the Tim&Jo waltz? Is it a violin being plucked?

16. swan

swan Member

It might be Mandolin or similar instrument. Pretty sure it was not violin.

17. bjp22tango

bjp22tango Active Member

My guess would be mandolin also