Dance Ads > Tony & Aurelie Tye Workshop in Orlando

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by FlyinFootwork, Sep 7, 2004.

1. FlyinFootwork

FlyinFootwork New Member

Tony & Aurelie Tye Lindy Hop Workshop
    Saturday, October 9th 2004
    at Whirl and Twirl in Orlando

This is a 5 hour long afternoon workshop with Tony & Aurelie Tye from Boston! They are renown as the founders of the annual Beantown Lindy Hop Summer Camp, and have taught at workshops and dance weekends throughout the East Coast from Maine to Florida. They have both studied with and assisted in weekend workshops with some of the world's best, including Steven Mitchell, Warren Heyes of the Jiving Lindy Hoppers, Eddie Janssen of the Rhythm Hot Shots and the legendary King of Swing, Frankie Manning. In addition, they have just returned from teaching at Ryan and Jenny's "Camp Savoy" in the UK. Classes will include: Lindy Technique, Charleston for Lindy, Blues, and Dips & Tricks for the Social Floor.

Click here for more details.

The workshop will be followed by an evening dance with the live music of Chief Cherry and his Red Beans & Rice.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cool!!! Welcome, FlyinFootwork. :D It'd really nice to see another Orlando-area person on board. :D :D

Sounds like a great workshop for swing people. I can plug it with my friends, but they're mainly ballroom people. What's your take on ballroom people (with ECS experience) attending the beginner workshop?

Welcome to the forums, btw. :banana: :D:)

3. FlyinFootwork

FlyinFootwork New Member

Thanks for the welcome!

I think any ballroom dancer with some experience in triple time ECS will get quite a lot out of the workshop. The Lindy Technique class might be a bit of a "crash course" in 8 count Lindy... but that could be a good thing. They will walk away with plenty of new material to work on. Charleston for Lindy, Blues, and Dips & Tricks can all be worked into 6 count ECS very easily.

I hope this helps! :)

4. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Cool! Thanks. I'll email some friends. :D