Dance Ads > Triangle Dancesport Open 2005

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by etchuck, Jun 22, 2004.

1. etchuck

etchuck New Member

I wanted to give you plenty of notice about our 7th annual DanceSport competition, the Triangle Open (formerly the Triangle Invitational), whose 2005 version will be held on February 4-5 in Raleigh, North Carolina. The competition is named for the Triangle region, which encompasses the campuses of three universities: NC State, Duke, and UNC.

This year’s Triangle will have both open and syllabus (newcomer through
    gold) events in American Rhythm, American Smooth, International Standard, and International Latin. We will also have fun-dance events and, continuing a tradition begun last year, a formation team competition.

This year we are issuing the Carolina Collegiate Challenge, to be won by the college team that has the best overall performance at our comp. We will also award the Triangle Trophy, based on the performance of the three top couples from each college.

We are committed to keeping registration low, providing free housing for out-of-towners, and providing free local transportation to those who fly in. At least for now, roundtrip airfares to Raleigh are low: from Philly $80, Baltimore $130, DC $120. Since we have a large team that lives mostly off-campus, and since we can usually get community volunteers to provide housing as well, we can offer many students something other than the floor to sleep on.

For updates on registration, judging, housing, and the status of our application for a USABDA sanction, check our website occasionally:
    {link removed - no longer in service}

We have a long tradition of a well-run, well-attended competition. In the past, we’ve had as many as 150 competitors from both college and community. I hope that you and your team will be among those making the 2005 Triangle Open the biggest and best yet.

Please contact me with any questions.

Joe Boyer
    2005 Triangle Open Coordinator
    Dancing with Wolves – DanceSport at NCSU
    jgboyer@unity.ncsu.edu
    (919) 832-7805

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That sounds like a great event, etchuck. Good luck with the planning. 8)

3. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Well, as of yet, I'm not involved with the planning (turns out Joe has already posted his preliminary announcement earlier on this board). Though my hope to get a 9/10-dance jack-and-jill competition is still very much on the table. :)

I am more involved with the 30th anniversary Viennese Ball in November (19, Friday evening). Once I get a better idea of what's going on, I'll post that up.