Salsa > Turnoffs at the start of a dance

Discussion in 'Salsa' started by dickda, Aug 13, 2005.

1. IsabellaCruella

IsabellaCruella New Member

*sniff sniff*... that is beautiful. I agree with it. Although I am content with my level, I do want to become better. That isn't selfish, is it? :?:

oh and about this subject I want my partner to hold me close but soft- close enough to feel his hot breath waft down over my shoulders but not so my nose is in his mouth. And I hate it when I dance with partners that are so serious and have to made precise cuts while dancing- like they are competing or something?There is this guy that is just way to harsh- never smiles or looks me in the eyes. I hate it when people don't give you eye contact when they dance. arg. :roll:

2. africana

africana New Member

The wisest people are those who realize that the journey never ends and so retain a humble and teachable spirit. Rather than marinating in complacency I'd rather adopt the attitude that says "I can be better" or "I can learn something new"

I've always been struck that the "masters" with the most impact (in any discipline) are always those who choose to remain disciples

3. alemana

alemana New Member

oh lord, this thread has now degenerated into Inspirational Things You Find on Fridge Magnets :)

SAVE ME

4. africana

africana New Member

baahaha :lol: :lol:
    (I could start cussing people out, would that be better?? :twisted: :lol: )

5. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

6. lynn

lynn New Member

and i thought i clicked on the wrong thread :shock: ....

7. kdogg

kdogg New Member

My child, you're already saved because you dance; and if you salsa you're doubly saved:wink: :wink: I wouldn't use "degenerated" with "inspirational"; it will be like insulting your high school English teacher. They contradict--how can something inspirational be degenerating. I'm just teasing you, I get your point.

Most threads you see follow the same pattern. The starter of the post raise an issue to discuss, and we take a detour from the issue, but we do come back and the issue gets discussed, or I hope that's the case.

Good day!

8. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I try to get tuned into the person that I'm dancing with. If she doesn't respond as we move to the dance floor and get started I almost feel like saying thanks, but no thanks. :?

9. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Yeah, I hate it when I dance with a guy and he's just doing his thing without giving me some attention.
    Just executing some moves and maybe watching other people. :x . At this point in the time (since I've just started to dance and can't affort to refuse dance offers), I try to use it as a practice dance where I focus on the way I do the moves...

10. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Other turnoffs: Hygiene issues.
    I notice that some guys come straight from work and they're all sweaty (old sweat) and they haven't even started to dance. It's fine if you've been dancing for a while. But GUYS make some effort before you come. Even if you're too busy to go home, there are public toilets in all dance places. :?

11. kdogg

kdogg New Member

Public restrooms don't have showers. You want the whole body to be clean not just the face, right?

12. alemana

alemana New Member

i will admit to pretty extensive "bird-bathing" at sinks in clubs, dance studios and other venues all over new york city. it's just *so* important to be, y'know, fresh.

13. Shooshoo

Shooshoo New Member

Don't need the whole body clean for dancing, but a clean shirt/top, washed face underarrms would help, don't you agree?? :roll:

14. alemana

alemana New Member

like, totally.