Event Announcements > Two A.T festivals in Paris

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by pascal, Feb 11, 2005.

1. pascal

pascal Active Member

"Couleurs tango" April 7th to April 10th
    Four days of workshops with guest teachers (Gabriel Missé & Alejandra, Geraldine Rojas & Javier...) and three balls with orchestras Color Tango and Hyperion
    http://tango.club.fr/coul_e.htm

"Mephisto tango Summer Festival" June 30th to July 3rd
    Four days of workshops with guest teachers (Chicho & Eugenia, Fabian & Carolina...) and three balls with orchestras Hyperion and Electrocutango
    http://premiumwanadoo.com/mephisto-tango/uk/uk_ete2005.html

plus the additional usual things found in Festivals: dance shoes, instruction DVDs, performances, food, drinks....

2. newbie

newbie Well-Known Member

Ok, two festivals in the same place, it is (at least) one too many. So, which one is the best?

3. pascal

pascal Active Member

Well, the April one is during early Spring (and the weather can be rainy here), and the June/July one is during late Spring (and the weather can be really hot)...
    More seriously, it's a matter of taste. The second one is new-trends oriented (Fabian Salas and his way of teaching, orchestra Electrocutango), and you may either like it or not, it's your choice. The first one has a more "mainstream" style, and has classes for beginners.

4. pascal

pascal Active Member

I wanted to make the first one but as Geraldine and Javier cancelled their participation I did not register. I'll make the second one.

5. pascal

pascal Active Member

Well well, summer has come, the festival begins tomorrow. On my agenda I have two classes with Chicho and one with Fabian Salas.
    I hope you're all jealous. It's too late to sign, anyway.

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I'm jealous that you are in Paris, for sure. That I can say. 8)

7. pascal

pascal Active Member

Festival is over. The weather was hot during these four days. And signing for four classes a day was definitely too much for me.