Dance Ads > Two St dresses

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Katushka, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Katushka

Katushka New Member

Two beautiful dresses for sale.

1)Deep blue. Chrisanne fabric, Swarovsky stones – little and big. Done very well by professional arms. Laces colored in blue and light blue. Necklaces and armband with big sew-on stones.
    Made for 173 cm, size 36-38-40.
    Dress is very elegant, shining on competition. Very good condition, looks like new.
    500$

2)Black dress. Without stones at all. Dress trimed with chic lace.
    Unique, I've never seen something similar to it. Sure, you have to be rather courageous to be differ and enough level of dancing to wear such dress. Worn 6 times.
    Made by professionals. Made for 173 cm, size 36-38
    350$

my e-mail km@volina.ru
    8-495-307-58-27

Attached Files:

2. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

very very nice, especially price. I would love the black one but for a lot less. If you would consider half price acceptable, definitely let me know ;)

the other dress is such a great value.. nice color.. just have too many at the moment.

3. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

both are lovely and good price IMO...but yea, I am dress poor right now...still the ladies on this site who are that size should take serious notice....if I hadn't just bought a standard gown, I'd snap the blue up faster than you can imagine

4. Purr

Purr Well-Known Member

I like the blue dress, too, a lot.

5. fascination

thank goodness, see avatar, I have one in that shade...it helps with the restraint factor

6. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

I'm having trouble figuring out that sizing.... can anyone tell me what it's equivalent to in US sizes?

7. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Blue is freaking awesome and for a great price. Snatch it! I can't!

T_E

8. redhead

redhead New Member

If those are Russian sizes - I'm about 44 there, fit American 6 (recently started fitting 4, with all that vanity sizing)... so 38 is pretty small. If those are Europen then I don't know.
    HTH.

9. fascination

the top one gave three numbers in a row which made me think bust waist hips

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

If so, the dress must have been made for a cylinder. ;)

11. Ithink

Ithink Active Member

The pictures show someone very far from a cylinder wearing the dress;)

I love both dresses and would consider buying the blue one if it was in pretty much any other color BUT blue. Blue and I are not friends:(

12. DancerForLife

DancerForLife Member

Actually the measurements are European :). 36 is about a 4-6, 38 is about a 6-8, 40 is about an 8-10 US.

The other '44 equals 6' is an Italian measure. Italian 44 = US 6, Italian 42 = 4, etc.

The dresses are pretty... The blue one would work for smooth too, minus the float.

13. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

Nah, I think it is what it will fit considering stretching. These look like European sizes to me, and 173 cm is about 5'9".

14. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

The blue one is gorgeous!

And I like the black one as well.

15. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

I must be a cylinder then.

16. PasoDancer

PasoDancer New Member

Actually, it's graduated, so wouldn't it be a cone?

17. Katushka

Katushka New Member

Dear friends, thanks for answers and sorry for my english at first. :)
    Some explanations.
    173 is equival to 5'9'' as I calculate.
    There are the measurments for dress:
    bust - 84 cm
    waist - 69 cm
    hips - 96 cm
    neck - 32 cm
    wrist - 15 cm
    for other 3 bracelets: 19, 24, 30 cm
    I wear S-M sizes, and 38 , russian 44. I think it's 6 size for you.
    Blue dress stretch very good, for 1 size exactly.
    Blue I've been making for shining, black was a challenge - we need be be notable for judges at the end of the season, then all couples are old and cognate.

36-38-40 -are sizes, suitable for wearing this dress sure
    I'm not a cylinder!!!!!

18. caityrosey

caityrosey New Member

Not picking on your english. Just want to make sure I understand your statement.

So you mean that you wear the black as a challenge for yourselves--to get noticed despite the lack of sparkly adornment...because by the end of the season the judges will tend to be familiar with most of the couples.

Or do you mean that you wear it to contrast yourself with the other couples--as a way of standing out from all the other glitz?

19. Keelzorz

Keelzorz New Member

I personally love the understated-dress/heavy-jewelry look - it gives an air of professionalism if done right.

Unfortunately, those dresses would look like burlap sacks on me, albeit very very very sparkly sacks. C'est la vie.

20. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

Thank you for the clarification :)

...oh man, beautiful dresses, great prices, and they're my size.....this is getting even more tempting!