Dance Ads > UCF Dance Classes

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by sambayomama, Aug 8, 2005.

?

Which class are you going to take?

1. Ballroom Dance

100.0%
  2. Salsa & Latin Dance

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Both

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. sambayomama

sambayomama New Member

Attention all UCF students!

UCF has just opened 2 new classes for the Fall 2005 semester:
    PEM 2930 sec. 0001 Ballroom Dance Tues 6:00-7:50PM
    PEM 2930 sec. 0002 Salsa & Latin Dance Tues 8:00-9:50PM

Each course is worth 2 credits, and they are both repeatable for credit. They will be taught by the very accomplished Juliet McMains, who holds a Ph.D. in dance theory and history. Google her. You will find amazing things.

There are still seats available, so I hope that any UCF student with free Tuesday nights will go out and register for one or both of these classes!

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi sambayomama! Welcome.

Juliet rocks! :notworth: Enjoy the classes. :D

3. pygmalion

Oh yeah, and I'm assuming the classes are being held on the UCF main campus. True?

Any chance of getting something on the west end of town? Like maybe one of the Valencia campuses? I seem to remember there being modern dance, ballet and jazz at the Valencia East campus in the past, but no ballroom. And no dance classes west, at all. :? Has anything changed? 8) Valencia west campus has a really nice activity center with some wide open spaces, IIRC. 8)

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

WElcome. However, you must read our advertising guidelines. If you don't participate within a week your post will be deleted.

5. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

I'll vouch for this person. :) Hopefully she'll have some time to connect with the DF in a meaningful way. The UCF classes are fairly a new development.

6. pygmalion

A much-needed and much-delayed development. 8)

7. DancingMommy

Very much so. I know our local USA Dance chapter is lending any/all assistance they can.

8. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Fair enough DM, and if it was Juliet herself, so would I. But, even if that were the case, the staff here has previously discussed this very issues at great length and recognized the importantance of having the guidelines aply equally to all, not just those we want them to. Hopefully sambayomama will choose to participate.

9. pygmalion

Wouldn't it be nice is we could have Juliet here, too? :D I tried to talk her into it. Plenty. Guess she's too busy. :( But it would be nice. :)

And I agree, SD. Rules are rules. 8) Hope you come back soon, sambayomama. :)

10. DancingMommy

I concur. I'm just hoping that she will come back. This place is a treasure trove of info. I'll drop her an email. :)

11. pygmalion

Thanks, DM. :D

12. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Glad that you both understand... and too bad that Juliet doesn't have the time to spare. Without a doubt she'd have lot to add. :D

13. sambayomama

sambayomama New Member

oops

I'm sorry. I hadn't read the guidelines. I've never really tried to promote anything before, and I didn't know there would be restrictions on posting info about a college class. :oops:

I have been using this wonderful resource for a while. I just can't seem to find where I wrote my username and password. I really appreciate the creators of the site, and I didn't mean to cause a disturbance.

Thank you for moving the post to this part of the forum. I would've had a heck of a time trying to figure out how to do it myself.

The classes are going to be held on the main UCF campus in the Multipurpose room in the Education Building. And as much as I would love for ballroom classes to be offered at local CC campuses, I'm only a student, and I really don't have any control over scheduling.

CC students can probably take the classes at UCF as either transient or non-degree seeking students if they apply and are accepted to the University.

Once again, sorry I broke the rules!

14. pygmalion

Re: oops

Yepper. I barely skimmed the guidelines, until I became a moderator and had to enforce them. Then I read. Happens to a lot of us. :wink: :lol:

The classes on UCF campus are a great idea. I asked about Valencia for two reasons -- one, because UCF is a long drive, if you live lots of places within Orlando itself. A lot of folks take lower-level courses at Valencia and get college credit through UCF -- some sort of inter-college agreement.

The other reason is that Valencia classes are a fraction of the cost. *shrug* Just a thought. One step at a time. And this is a giant leap forward, in my mind. :D

Welcome to the forums. 8)

15. pygmalion

Oh yeah, and are you in the swing dance club at UCF? That's another good way to get some dances and instruction on the cheap. :wink: 8)