Event Announcements > UConn Ballroom Dance Competition: Husky Classic 2009

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by hbetx9, Sep 9, 2009.

1. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

I'm writing to remind everyone that UConn's competition (renamed to the Husky Classic!) will be held on October 4th this year at the prestidigious Gampel Pavilion at UConn. We have a great show lined up by Mazen Hamza & Lisa Vogel. Please consult the comp website:

http://www.uconnballroom.com/competition/

for more details.

2. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

hoping UConn will consider allowing Gold couples to double register in Pre-Champ :cool:

3. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

In fact we are! Any gold/open double reg is allowed, a perfect chance to try some new things out! The comp registration will open very very soon.

4. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

:banana: CNP will be so thrilled to hear that :cool:

5. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

fyi, it's not letting us double register, and are you sure you want to define Newcomer as dancing since Fall 2008 (August 2007 for non-collegiate)?!? :shock:

6. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

Thanks for letting us know about the newbie date. The reg should allow this double, keep checking, I'll get back as soon as I hear anything.

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

*kiss*kiss* Thank you!

8. dbk

dbk Well-Known Member

9. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

yup, but as of a little while ago, it's still not allowing double reg for Gold/Pre-Champ.

10. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

How long ago and123? I think its fixed now. Keep trying :) I want to see those numbers up :).

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

Very late last night I think? CNP aka Dr. Mad Man did the registration, so I will tell him to give it another whirl.

12. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

nope, still not working.

13. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

I got another response from Eric. He'll have this up by tonight likely. I'll post once I hear word, glad to see you and Mr. Mad Man doing open!

14. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

Double reg should be up now and123, yup new standard partner. Tracey has gone to pursue things at Brandies. Hopefully she'll be dancing again soon too. Things with the new partner are going well (fingers crossed) if I can just get those inside out runs down. I'll introduce you at the comp.

15. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

We're in. God help us.... :rolleyes:

16. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

Awesome! Can't wait and123. I'm trying to get a rough head count for the comp, are there any DFers who know they're (or their team is) going but haven't registered yet?

17. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

it appears the WPI team has been informed of it, but they don't seem to be too active on the competition circuit, so don't know how many entries you'll get from them

18. hbetx9

hbetx9 Member

awww, bugger that, they're a good team, well I wish them luck. Every college team has to go through some rebuilding every now and again I suppose.

19. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

frankly it kinda bugs me how many of the larger teams don't support the comps of those who support theirs, but.... whatever.

20. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

p.s. are you going to add "Gold Couples may also dance Pre-Champ/Open" to the rules (the exception to "no double registration")?