General Dance Discussion > Unhealthy Dance Instructors

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Well, that was his mistake right there! Absolut is nothing but cheap rotgut! It's 1% vodka and 99% advertising.

Oh, and the smoking thing--you can smoke outside all you like, you're still gonna track that stink around with you.

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Have any of you ever seen the film "The Insider"? It stars Al Pacino & Russel Crowe and is a true story about a tobacco company knowingly poisoning its consumers with hundreds of carcinogens, some of which help to get the smoker addicted in the first place. I will reveal that I like an occcasional cigar, but I do not crave it (it is a whole tobacco leaf, no chemicals added) and I am aware it may be offensive to some so I would never think of lighting one up in a small, enclosed space. Outdoor cafes in Europe or most places in Asia are OK with this, though(Raluca, when I come to visit you I will bring some Monte Cristos!)...

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Joe-
    I am quite fond of vodka. What brand do you prefer? Berkut is my favorite!

4. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Thank you cocodrilo... what is Monte Cristo???

Oh, and I don't need a present from you... just your mere presence is a present! (I like dry wine, btw :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: - just joking!)

5. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

Funny thing about cigars...my husband smokes them very occasionally, but only good ones (ie, he doesn't walk around with a cheap cigar between his teeth all day). He tries so hard to be considerate about it...washes his hands and face after and brushes his teeth. But, the smell is still there. I don't mind too much because it's not often, but I have to tease him. He'll pick me up from the studio all smiles, and I'll say, "How was your cigar?" and he'll get all panicky and say, "I wasn't smoking! I...I was drinking and womanizing!"

6. Laura

Laura New Member

I just saw on BBC World News that they're going to start banning smoking and public beer drinking in certain places in Russia. There were also shots of Putin doing judo :)

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

I assume there are no plans to ban public vodka drinking over there :roll:

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I should hope not! :wink: :lol:

9. Sabor

Sabor New Member

big mean boxerless men :lol:

naa kidding.. its a famous brand of cigar darling..

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Ketel One and Grey Goose are pretty good.

11. Laura

Laura New Member

My liquor cabinet has: Ketel One, Grey Goose, Van Gogh, and Absolute (but only because I wanted a bottle of the Peppar).

There was a bottle of Belvedere, but it got drunk on election night. We were having a 'party' and although I never actually saw anyone drinking, there were piles of empties the next morning plus three people slept in my living room.

12. tasche

tasche New Member

I think also in ca/la that you can even smoke within somany feet of a public building even if you are outside. Meaning you can't smoke in outdoor seating areas. Oh and inf Santa monica you can't smoke at the beach either.

Its not until I visit Las Vegas that I even remember what cigarette smoke smells like.

My issue with smokers is smoking just doesn't effect the person smoking and hey I come from a family full of smokers.

13. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Sorry late with this reply. Couldn't access DF at all yesterday! :?
    Monte Cristo is my favorite brand of fine, Cuban cigars. I prefer #5s, the shortest, as I get high too easily smoking a long one. I would bring some sake for you, too, Squirrel! My little city produces some fantstic dry sakes and we have like 10 sake breweries in our prefecture alone! :D

14. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I used to have a really full liquor cabinet, but nobody ever drank anything. When I have parties, people get smashed on beer and wine, but nobody goes for the hard stuff. So I tossed it all a couple weeks ago in preparation for my move. What's the point? :?

15. Laura

Laura New Member

There's certainly no point in hauling it all the way to your new place, that's for sure. If you're paying the movers by weight, get rid of all the dead weight you can while you pack.

16. twnkltoz

twnkltoz Well-Known Member

That's not how I would have chosen to get rid of it. ;)

17. Laura

Laura New Member

Some friends of mine were moving a couple of years ago and held a "liquor reduction party." All guests were strictly prohibited from bringing any alcohol at all -- we had to drink what was on the premises.

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

:lol: ...gotta love the thinking behind that one!

19. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

My, my, what twisted webs these threads do sometimes weave! :lol:

20. clave

clave New Member

I just can't figure out what attracts people to Grey Goose, it tastes really nasty to me to the point of gagging, and the taste doesn't improve any mixed drink I'd tried it in. I concluded it must be heavy advertising.

I'll go for Stoli. Hard to spoil a drink with Stoli.