General Dance Discussion > Unhealthy Dance Instructors

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Nov 12, 2004.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

This could get really interesting, so I'm going to start a new thread down under "Dancer's Anonymous" so we can discuss vodka.

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Good move Laura. :D

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Damn! Ya should've invited ME over... :?

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Stoli! In Russia, that's the cheap stuff! My brother used to clean his skis with it! :lol: Don't see why it's so expensive in the states. Ever try Zubrowka? It's another of my favorites, a Polish vodka with a thin reed in it (buffalo grass?) that gives it its unique taste. It tastes remarkably like "sakuramochi", a Japanese confectionery which is wrapped with a pickled, edible cherry leaf. This blows the Japanese away when they tase & agree! Keep the bottle in the freezer for optimum refreshment!

5. squirrel

squirrel New Member

Sorry but I am not familiar with cigar brands... :). Nobody around me smkes cigars regularly... :)... and wehn they do, I dounbt they can afford the expensive ones!

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks, Laura. I have no earthly idea of what this thread is, or was, about. :roll: :lol:

7. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

Let me guess... drinking, smoking and eating junk food? :roll: :lol:

8. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

My oh my, drink your GOOD vodka NEAT, please! (For mixed stuff use Smirnoff)...For optimum results, accompany your good vodka with ample amounts of beluga or sevruga, served upon a slice of bread or cracker thickly slathered with butter(that's the way the Russians do it and it is the BEST! ) Forget you diet... 8)

9. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Tossed it? What a waste! Drink it! :) (hic!)

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

They export the good stuff to get good hard currency and keep the dregs for domestic consumption since all they get for it is worthless rubles.

11. clave

clave New Member

Oh, Stoli is great for cleaning wounds and the like. :p I don't find much correlation between price and enjoyment. I don't ever drink vodka neat, what's the point? The flavorings they put into the flavored ones are silly, mostly catering to fashionable kids. The unflavored ones are essentially ethanol, water and impurities--I'm really picky about impurities so I go for the smoothest stuff to put in my mixes. If I want a neat drink I go for a killer scotch, Ardbeg is one of my favorites.

Don't recall that one, but I tried some super-smooth polish vodkas.

Freezer, absolutely. Less dilution when shaken to serve up.

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

You have good taste, Clave! I drank some 25-year old Ardberg just last week! Boy was it smooth! I only drink single malts & I also like Springbank, Macallan, Oban, Bowmore, Laphroaig, Glenmorangie & the list goes on. The Japanese are getting pretty wise on good single malts, so there is a fantastic collection of rare whiskies at a lot of bars in my city 8) .

Regarding "good" Stoli & dregs, the good stuff is exported to Japan and it, too is cheap...

13. clave

clave New Member

First impressions, eh? I should attempt to hide some of my guilty pleasures at all costs then... :oops: :wink:

The aftertaste knocked me off the barstool the first time I tried the stuff. I'll never drink Jack Daniels again.

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

There's no comparing Kentucky whiskies to single malts! 8)

15. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

DancePoet quoted DancePoet: "My, my, what twisted webs these threads do sometimes weave! :lol:"

:roll: Oh, am I repeating myself ... :lol: :wink:

16. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I was getting ready to say that, myself. What is this thread about, anyway?

17. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Uh ... let me see ... alcohol? Nah ... couldn't be. Must be something else. ;) :lol:

18. Laura

Laura New Member

From the previous page...

I tried, I really did. :)

19. danceguy

danceguy New Member

I think the original premise was that drinking, smoking and being overweight is "bad" for dance instructors. However, as people discussed this in depth, it became apparent that smoking and being overweight really doesn't matter and people should do whatever the heck they want! 8)

Of course, now that everyone is talking about swilling their favorite booze, I'd say that we've got quite a few hypocrites hanging around Dance Fourms! :lol: :lol:

20. Laura

Laura New Member

Ding ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Of course, there is such a thing as moderation. Having a few cigars a year or three or four drinks a month is hardly being a drinker or smoker.