Dance Ads > Upcoming CA Event . . .

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Vince A, May 4, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

For those in the CA area who have never attended a UCWDC event, this is, without a doubt, the best event in CA. Although . . . there are attendees from almost every state, and from many countries!

It is FUN from the moment you get there to the time you leave. I haven't missed one in about 8 years!

Free beer and pizza on Sat night . . . a very funny dance version of the Gong show . . . side-splitting competitions-last year was a fun version of the "Fear Factor" . . . and a salute to Veterans' on Monday morning that always brings tears to the eyes (all of us Vet's are acknowledged) . . . and you will leave there with having made some new friends, and will not be able to wait until next year!

http://www.fresnodance.com/index.htm

There are musical skits and comedy . . . full production musicals (excerpts of) - this year being "Grease" - the theme of this year's event. AND yours truly has a part in the production, and my wife has one of the lead roles as "Sandy" from the movie Grease!

There are hospitality rooms, early morning reveille by a real bugler at 8 AM in the atrium of the main hotel that is intended to get your butt up and out to the dance events!

Full swing/hustle/night club/cha cha/salsa floor with a competition on Saturday or Sunday (see ad) in swing, and . . . for you country dancers . . . a full c&w floor with a three-day competition.

Let me know if any of you DF'ers are attending????????? We could have a small DF re-union again . . .

Vince

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

What!?! Two DF reunions in the West, and none yet in the East?!? :shock: We can't have that! :twisted: :lol:

Just kidding, Vince. It looks like tons of fun. Hmm. I'm pretty sure at least a couple Dfers mentioned going to Fresno. Now, who was it? Hmm.

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I didn't catch it!!! I've been plagued with court cases and too darn busy here the last few weeks!

If you remember . . . let me know???