General Dance Discussion > ~~Upgrading Dance Forums to New Software~~

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by DanceMentor, Oct 20, 2005.

1. Merrylegs

Merrylegs Well-Known Member

Sorry for momentarily hijacking this thread but I thought this was an o.k. spot until some logistics are worked out. I'll delete the message once I track down Kat. Tx.

Kat,

I've been trying to reach you but with no luck. Your mailbox on DF is full and cannot accept anymore messages. I've emailed you at the address you sent to me on Friday. Please check and get in touch with me, either thru DF or my Y! account.

Thanks,
    Michelle

2. MacMoto

MacMoto Active Member

:shock: Just come back to discover the new look DF! Hmm, I think I'll need to play around a bit until I get used to this...

What's happened to smilies?? The yellow ones don't seem to work... :confused:

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I'm just typing in my lols and other missing emoticons the old fashioned way, if I can remember them. I figure they'll be back, eventually. :cool: (lol I hope I guessed the right long-hand for "cool")

4. pygmalion

Ooh! That little triangle thingie at the upper right is a "report bad post" icon. Nice. :cool:

5. pygmalion

Ooh! In your profile, you can add someone to your ignore list. I wonder how that works. Gotta try it. :lol:

6. pygmalion

It's going to take me a while to get used to active threads meaning "posts since your last visit." Old habits die hard. :neutral:

7. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

This sounds like a great option :)

8. pygmalion

Actually, come to think of it, I'd better try the buddy list instead. If I'm trying to be a decent moderator, the people I want to ignore are probably the people I should be paying the most attention to. :lol:

9. Becca

Becca Active Member

Wow, it looks beautiful! :) Really nice!

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Glad you like it.

11. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

If you use the "quick reply" at the bottom of the page there are no smililes/emoticons to use. If you use the "post reply" all of the smilies are there. Also make sure in your control panel, choose edit options, and make sure all the way at the bottom in your message editor interface you have AT LEAST standard or full choosen. Basic DOES NOT give you emoticon options.

Also everyone probably needs to go in and clean out their PM boxes. Somehow, all of the old PMs that you thought were gone are back . And my box had hundreds in it, where the new limit is only something like 50.

12. pygmalion

Found it. What used to be called Active Threads (or something like that) is now under "Today's Posts" at the top of the index page. :cool:

13. DanceMentor

DanceMentor Administrator

I have increased the number of private messages allowed to 500. This is one difference with the previous software in that there is a limit. I think this is good though, because it helps stop the database from getting too big. If you start getting a large number of PMs it is appreciated if you use the feature to export your messages, and then delete the old ones.

14. pygmalion

Thanks DM.

And, since we're sharing info, by default, the only threads displayed in each forum are those replied to within the last month. Scroll to the bottom of the page and select the timeframe you're interested in, to view more or fewer threads. (Just for those of you who like browsing through the archives :cool:)

(I hope nobody else mentioned this but I'm too lazy to read all ten pages.

15. DancingMommy

DancingMommy Active Member

No one mentioned it, lol. And I DID read all ten pages. I have to say I reallllllyyyyyy like the full wysiwyg mode of posting. It makes my life SO much easier.

16. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

somehow I knew you would!

17. DancingMommy

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

How could I not when I've been offline for the better part of a week? Must. Get. DF. Fix.........

18. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Welcome back DM! :D

19. DancingMommy

Thanks! I've been home cleaning (do NOT ask) and sorting and et cetera et cetara and so forth and so on. How can we accumulate so much STUFF in 5 years?

Anyhoo, got some much needed repairs done.... And if anyone wants to donate a new front loading clothes washer, I wouldn't look at it the wrong way..... Why do my appliances *all* have to break when we have no extra dinero? I've replaced every freaking appliance in my house in the last 5 years and now my washer and dryer are down (for over a month now). Sending my laundry out is nice, but after a while, it doesn't feel that much like a luxury anymore, lol. ;)

20. cherryl

cherryl New Member

*help* *****