Event Announcements > USA Dance California State DanceSport Championships

Discussion in 'Event Announcements' started by Laura, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Laura

Laura New Member

2. Laura

Laura New Member

Hey all,

Thinking about coming to this comp? Haven't registered yet? Don't worry, I might be able to fit you in. Adult Syllabus is going to be great, there are 5 rounds in Bronze Standard and Bronze Latin, and quarter-finals in the Silver and Gold events. We've even got six couples in Pre-Champ Latin, which is kind of a big deal because we haven't had anyone do it in a while.

The cost is $25 per adult, $12 per 18-under. There are no additional fees to enter any of the competitive events (we're doing our part to make those membership dues you pay yearly worth something).

Hope to see you there!

Laura

3. Terpsichorean Clod

Terpsichorean Clod Moderator

Isn't there a $25/couple late fee in effect now? I have some friends who just found out about the comp and said they aren't going because of the late fee.

4. Laura

Laura New Member

What comp lets you get in for all day and all evening and dance as many events as you are eligible for, for $25 per person? (And even if you add in the $12.50 for the late fee, that's still cheap!)

If they're interested, they really should contact me.

5. We'll be going ... trying to get back into competition mode. Hope to see a lot of other DFers going too.

Thanks for organizing and coordinating everything, Laura. I don't know what all us competitors would do without you and the rest of the norcal crew ...

6. Your friends should still come. The studio is relatively new, space is large and inviting, and the floor is good. As comps go, even $75/couple is a pretty good deal since that covers registration, there are no additional entry or ticket fees, it's local, and the venue is nice.

By the way, it was good to meet you at Autumn TC. Sorry we didn't get a chance to talk more. Will you be at California State?

7. Laura

Laura New Member

Awww, you're welcome. I enjoy doing it, even if it does turn me into a bit (ha) of a stress-puppy from time to time.

See you all this weekend!

8. Laura

Laura New Member

9. Thanks Laura. I wonder if they'll run the Adult Champ Standard as final or semi with 8 couples.

10. Laura

Laura New Member

Under USA Dance rules you are supposed to run an 8-couple event as a semi-final, although I think it is still left to the Chairman of Judge's discretion to change it in the event of scheduling issues. However, I set the schedule with it as a semi-final, so there are no time issues, so plan on it being two rounds.

11. Thanks for the clarification. :)

12. Laura

Laura New Member

If someone drops, it will become a straight final. If other couples walk in, it could grow as large as a 14-couple final.

I think it would be fun if a few more couples turned up :)

13. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

That's a gigantic final! ;)

14. Laura

Laura New Member

You know I meant SEMI-final. :)

15. Laura

Laura New Member

Tomorrow is the big day! I'm so glad to see that so many people want to come and dance, or come and watch.

Tickets will be available at the door, prices are:

$25 - Adult
    $20 - College Student
    $12 - 18-and-under

Tickets are good for all day, and you can come and go as you please. All seats are General Admission. Cash or personal check only please.

The schedule is JAM-PACKED with competitive dancing, so unfortunately I cannot promise any significant amount of social dancing or Jack-and-Jill events, but you can always bring your dance shoes just in case!

16. reb

reb Active Member

Good Luck!

17. Terpsichorean Clod

Hi SD! Unfortunately, they ended up making other plans for that weekend.

I'm sorry for catching you just before you were warming up at Autumn Classic. :oops: I was at Cal State for most of today...except for the last few events, including champ standard. I drove a friend to get some Tylenol and didn't realize the event was running ahead of schedule. I hope I'll get another chance to watch you guys dance soon.

18. Terpsichorean Clod

I enjoyed watching you guys dance at SJSU last weekend. Looks like you're already back in comp mode. :)

19. Thanks TC! It's still a bit rough getting used to comps again, but it's been getting better. Hope to see you around soon.

20. Laura

Laura New Member