Ballroom Dance > USA Dance Rules: Personal Jewelry

Discussion in 'Ballroom Dance' started by caw, Jun 10, 2014.

1. mindputtee

mindputtee Well-Known Member

Good point! Or I'd get invigilated for my costume being "nude"!

middy likes this.
  2. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

*cough* Orion slave girl *cough*

Sania, danceronice and mindputtee like this.
  3. UMASSshoesandcostumes

UMASSshoesandcostumes Active Member

At MAC this year, I got questioned about rhinestone stud earrings I wear all of the time. They're not tiny studs, but are by no means huge either. "Do you wear those out all the time?" "Yeah all the time, I didn't even change my earrings from what I was wearing last week because I know I can only wear personal jewelry." "Well, those are a little large for personal jewelry, but I suppose they're alright." Seriously? My normal competition earrings, I would understand if the woman wouldn't want me to wear those, they are designed to attract attention, however, studs? It seemed a little excessive.

Dancing Irishman likes this.
  4. Dalilia

Dalilia New Member

Hi everyone<3 Please can u help me with these 2 things?

1.Has anyone used epoxy clay to glue faceted/fancy stones onto an earring base?

2. Any idea what stones Danceshopper use? I can't find that Swarovski do the super long navettes (see pic) so think they must be something else?

Desperate to make a pair of earrings with these stones :) Any help is so appreciated x x x

5. Dalilia

Dalilia New Member

Hi everyone<3 Please can u help me with these 2 things?

1.Has anyone used epoxy clay to glue faceted/fancy stones onto an earring base?

2. Any idea what stones Danceshopper use? I can't find that Swarovski do the super long navettes (see pic) so think they must be something else?

Desperate to make a pair of earrings with these stones :) Any help is so appreciated x x x

Attached Files:

6. dancelvr

dancelvr Well-Known Member

7. Dalilia

Dalilia New Member

Thanks so much guys- super helpful! I found that they don't sell these on the Swarovski site which confused me a bit!

:) x x x