Dancers Anonymous > Usergroups

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by dancersdreamland, Sep 19, 2003.

1. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

Hello!

I was just searching through some of the various links/button in the forum and came across "Usergroups." It appears to be empty. What is it? :?

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Fine question. I'm going to leave that for one of our illustrious administrators to answer. :D (In other words, I have no clue! :lol: :lol: )

3. dancersdreamland

That's a very eloquent way of putting it... :D

4. pygmalion

Hope you're feeling better, cutie-pie! :D

Actually, I believe some user groups do exist, they're just transparent to users.

Usergroups, group users (ha!) by the way they use the system, and give them permissions according to the way they use the system. For example, there are guests, who have permission to look at posts. Then there's the member group, which can post items and edit their own postings. Then there are moderators, who can edit other people's posts, among other things. Then there are administrators, who have lots more system privileges.

We just don't have any additional usergroups, like ballroom, or salsa, or ballet, or competitive dancers. Yet.

I hope that helps clarify a little bit.

Jenn

5. dancersdreamland

Thanks for the info...and I am feeling a MILLION times better. Must have just been a 24 hour bug or the stress of my wicked boss returning from maternity leave...but I digress and that's a whole nother issue.

Thanks! :D

6. pygmalion

Glad you're back up to speed. Wicked bosses. Uuggh! A big thumbs DOWN. :cry: :evil: Hang in there.