Dance Ads > Waltz Demo and Lesson . . .

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Vince A, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

If any of you "locals" are interested, my wife Carolyn and her Pro, Robert Campos, will be doing their competition Waltz routine on January 24th, 4:00 - 5:00 PM, at the SaddleRack in Fremont.

Granted, this is Country *choke* Waltz, but the country look is getting real close to USBDA interpretations, and UCWDC judges are also judging with new rules that "want REAL ballroom stuff" in their competitions for some other than country dances, i.e., WCS, ECS, Waltz, Cha Cha! This year, the UCWDC will be allowing other than C&W music to be used in competition, however, there are "strictly" C&W comps out there.

The SaddleRack is a C&W place, but there is a lot of WCS, ECS, and others . . . and there is other than just C&W music being played. The "Rack" opens for dancing after the lesson, so come out - especially if you are a member of the DF family

2. jon

jon Member

What's the deal with dancing there, anyway? Their online schedule is very badly designed and usually out of date, so I haven't been able to figure out if Robert is still doing those Sunday dance afternoons, and haven't been there since August.

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Hi jon,
    August was about the last time we were there!

I'm not sure what the deal is there with that place. I know they keep trying to get new things going, as the crowds just are sporadic.

I'll see if I can get a good schedule and put it on here.

I also just found out that Yvonne Benevidies will be giving some kind of lesson there after Robert's class. I'm stilll waiting to find out about her foot operation as to whether or not I'll be competing this year in Swing, Hustle, and NC2S. I may give up on the C&W competitive dancing unless she talks me into it.

I'll get back to you if I can find anything out.