Dance Ads > Wanted: a used dress or two

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by sunderi, Jun 21, 2006.

1. sunderi

sunderi New Member

I am currently searching for dresses. I've looked on ballroom dancers . com, I've looked on ebay, I've looked around locally, and I haven't had a lot of luck. So now, I'm going to ask here. :)

I want a *nice* dress (one of the known designers, or that level of quality) but I'd prefer not to pay a TON for the dress. I know, this seems ridiculous, but here's the thing: I'm willing to work. ;) What I mean is, it can have some damage, need stones replaced, need to be altered, etc. I'm willing to "rehab" the dress, if needed. I'd like to spend $1000 or less (so I'm not talking dirt cheap).

What I need is a smooth dress (standard would be ok if I can alter it to make it be a smooth dress) size 8, made for someone 5'1" - 5'3" (or a little taller -- like I said, I'm willing to make alterations). If anyone has any really tempting latin/rhythm dresses in the same price range, I'd consider those, too, but I'm not actually *looking* for a rhythm dress right now.

I just need a few new smooth dresses to compete with my students. I don't want to look like a shlump, but I'd like to buy more than one, so I have some variety. Worst case, I may just have to bite the bullet and spend twice as much on one dress, but I'd really prefer not to. Anyone have any leads for me? Thanks!