Dance Ads > Wanted: Quality, affordable Rhythm and Smooth dress approx sz 12-16

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by danceislove, Jan 19, 2009.

1. emeralddancer

emeralddancer Active Member

Laura that'd be me .... PM me?

2. Me

Me New Member

Just wanted to let you guys know the Gorchakova gowns came in, but they were immediately spoken for. I'm sorry. :(

3. 2totango

2totango New Member

I'm 5'5", Laura, think they'd work on me?

4. 2totango

2totango New Member

Fasc, where are your pics? I'd love to see them!

5. tanya_the_dancer

tanya_the_dancer Well-Known Member

I just want to make a comment to all girls selling dresses. It really helps if you indicate the actual measurements it would fit, since sizing is so messed up (size 4-8 really doesn't say much), and if it is stretchy.

6. tanya_the_dancer

I decided I'll add my "perfect smooth/standard reasonably priced resale" wishlist here:

Size: 6-10 or 4-8 if stretchy. Top has to be stretchy to accommodate D/DD cups without spillage (so no very low necklines either). Should work for 5'3" - 5'5".

No halter tops. No cupcake skirts. No other design elements which look best on someone tall. No "boob pockets" or empire waists. No openings on the stomach (I am not advertising to the whole world that I had a baby once). No orange or orangy-red colors. Black is negotiable, but I don't really like it for standard.

7. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

hmmm, not familiar with "boob pockets...." :p

8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ha, boob pockets is a new one on me too. I thought I'd picked up a pretty good idea of the costume business from mom. guess I missed one there. :)

9. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ok tanya, going to bed soon, but you better enlighten us all to what boob pockets are before the end of the day. :)

And as an aside, any stretch marks, etc, from having a kid, should be considered a mark of honor. Proves you are woman, not just a girl. Embrace them. Even if you don't want to show them off.

10. tanya_the_dancer

OK, I call "boob pockets" a design which has very defined lines where they are. I.e. if there is a very definite design in that area, which kinda circles where they are. Or if that area is made out of completely different fabric, sort of like having an external bra. I have a picture in mind, but it is on somebody else's consignment site, so I'm not sure if it is OK post it. The problem with that design is that if you try to put that over a bigger thing than it was originally meant for, it does not look good.

11. and123

and123 Well-Known Member

ah, like the infamous dress that had eyeballs on the chest?

12. tanya_the_dancer

Sort of. Basically anything that makes a clearly defined boundary in that area.

13. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Ah, so not an idea of it necessarily being bad in itself, but buying used, too hard to make sure the boundary is right so to speak? That makes sense.

14. tanya_the_dancer

Yes, kinda. And personally it's not very flattering design for me, so I avoid it. Doesn't mean it's not going to work for someone else. Like there is nothing wrong with halter tops and orange color per se, but they are not flattering for me, which is why they're on my no-no list.