General Dance Discussion > Was is the strangest thing said in mid-dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by brujo, Nov 6, 2005.

1. brujo

brujo New Member

What is the strangest thing you have said or anyone has ever said to you in the middle of a dance?

Have to think about this one myself.

2. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Nothing.

3. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Having only danced since last July, I still have trouble dancing and talking at the same time!

4. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

I cannot post that here!

5. diputs

diputs New Member

I tend to talk too much when I get nervous. I am trying to stop myself from talking so much while dancing.

6. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

"Georgia, you can't just hook them up!" I think that, when I said that to my instructor with a most gossipy look on my face, the music went down. Someone must have heard us. :oops:
    I have also said many things that ought to be censored, especially when someone steps on me with heels or I screw up a step magnificently.

Twilight Elena

7. - cosmic girl -

- cosmic girl - New Member

Said to my boyfriend jokingly "stop man-handling me!"

8. Laura

Laura New Member

I told my partner he had just unhooked my dress in the middle of a Viennese Waltz at a dance competition last weekend. Then I had to tell him it was okay because I wear a separate bra from the dress and nothing would fall out.

He quickly re-hooked it right before the Foxtrot. That would have been the end of my tangential anecdote, except in the next moment I tripped over my floats and had a cartoon character moment where I felt like both my feet were skidding on ice.

9. alemana

alemana New Member

a new and not-bad leader on my scene repeatedly asks me, "shines?" in the middle of the song. i finally said, DUDE, you don't have to ask. you're the leader. lead.

10. Twilight_Elena

:uplaugh::uplaugh: I would kill to have seen this!

Twilight Elena

11. alemana

alemana New Member

i guess he just was not sure how to break apart from me and do his thang. some guys literally toss your hand/arms away, some let you go (don't pick you up) after a spin/CBL, whatever... people have their methods. i think he just isn't sure yet how to let me know that it's time to get down with my own self.

12. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

About a month ago, I was doing a chit-chat foxtrot with a friend, and she asked how our house was going. The plumbing was going in at the time, so I started telling her about that. Next thing I knew, we were dancing whilst discussing the finer points of septic tank installation... :?

13. Twilight_Elena

Still, twas cute.

Twilight Elena

14. chandra

chandra New Member

*DUCK*

This ones more like a funny sound:

So Im competing in my first ever comp. It was a j&j. I was dancing with the first guy I drew, and in the middle of the song, I stepped on his foot. He SCREAMED. LOUD. I sware everyone in the ballroom (includingthe judges) heard it! I felt sooooo bad!!!
    Needless to say I didnt make finals

15. Twilight_Elena

Ouch. Things like that happen all the time, chandra. I really don't think he could have been hurt so badly, except maybe for an older foot injury that you unfortunately didn't know about. :? Really, it must have been partly exaggeration from his part.

Twilight Elena

16. huey

huey New Member

'Did I see you at a Charlton match recently?'

17. Big10

Big10 Member

I posted this one on another thread awhile back, but it probably fits best here and bears repeating. I was dancing with a real beginner, in the sense that I don't think she had any Salsa lessons before, and may not have ever been in a Salsa club before. She came with a friend of a friend, so I asked her to dance so she wouldn't get bored. She could follow pretty decently (probably from experience in country & western dancing), but kept looking down at the floor. Then, at some point in the middle of the song, she says, "You have nice feet and ankles."

I probably should have said "thanks" in return, but I was too stunned to say anything at all.....:lol:

18. tacad

tacad New Member

Said to me: "Put your hands on my hips. No, lower. I said my hips, my hips!"

19. Twilight_Elena

:lol: She actually said that? I can only imagine the expression on your face!

Twilight Elena

20. dTas

dTas New Member

"what is that in your bra!?!?"

one of the instructors at a studio i used to work at kept her chapstick tucked under her bra-strap on her left side.