General Dance Discussion > Was is the strangest thing said in mid-dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by brujo, Nov 6, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

" how are your Privates?"

I guess he meant lessons....LOL

2. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

During the hotter weather, I would wear a Hawaiian shirt to Lindy class, under which I would wear my cell phone on the left hip.

One day while we were doing front Charleston -- in which I square her to me by holding her right hand to my left hip -- , my cell phone rang. Well actually, because I had set it to vibrate only, it started vibrating. Because my partner could feel it, she gave a very surprised look, so I reassured her, "It's me." I then excused myself to answer the call and after taking one step I turned back to her to correct myself: "Actually, it's not me. It's my cell phone." I don't know what her reaction was to that because I was heading off the floor.

On a Lindy forum, one girl told of a cell phone experience she had once. While in a very close body connection (her mid-line against his right side), the cell phone in his right front pants pocket, set to vibrate, went off.

No, she was not pleased.

3. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

You would think she would be pleased.

4. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Even something pleasant can seem unpleasant, especially when it's a total surprise. Besides, wouldn't she need to have been getting into the mood first? She's not a light switch, you know.

Similarly, a co-worker would always keep his on vibrate. He described how, when it would go off while he was ensorbed in some task, it almost felt to him like getting an electric shock.

5. fascination

not unless the person let it ring a LONG LONG time silly

6. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

so you like it to ring long? I'm sure that I can arrange for a friend to keep ringing me, or for my alarm to go off during our inaugural dance. :p

7. fascination

well mister my comp schedule is well known....you know where to find me

8. Sabor

Sabor New Member

undoubtedly

9. fascination

again, the length of the rings darlings

10. alemana

alemana New Member

more proof how little men understand women.

11. fascination

yep ...thinking seriously of tapping into my inner bi-sexual

12. Sabor

Sabor New Member

little men? .. well, dunno .. but i doubt that i'm 'little'

13. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Scene from the "Get Smart" movie, "The Nude Bomb", where an agent tells Maxwell to contact him through his jockey-shorts phone:
    "And please, ring just once."

Though I was a bit concerned about being called while at the Scottish games. What with my cell phone being set to vibrate and the sporran it was in having a rigid back that could act as a sounding board.

14. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

I know a little. It can be fast depending on circumstances...but often is pleasurable to take one's time. :p

15. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Story by a middle-aged man, going through a divorce and having to buy condoms for the first time in many, many years. The female cashier has to call back to stock-girl for a price check. "How big?" "Medium!" He was torn between wondering "how would she know?" and "No, I'm not!" and dismay over having it broadcast all over the store.

She was asking about the size of the box that they were packaged in.

16. fascination

i am speechless at where this thread has evolved to...no grmmar tips plz

17. lynn

lynn New Member

Strangest thing??

My teacher: Put your hands here so you can feel the lead
    Me: You want me to put my hands where :shock:?? *shakes head in disbelief*
    My teacher then grabs my hands......and it eventually turned into a tug of war..... :oops:

*sighs* what is it with dance teachers wanting students to put their hands on them???

18. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

The very first time I experienced a vibrating alert from a pager, I was, in fact, working on something electronic at the time and actually thought I was getting shocked!

19. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Apparently, length does matter.

20. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

it's quite normal actually.... there are many things that are easier conveyed through physical feeling rather than verbal explanation.