General Dance Discussion > Was is the strangest thing said in mid-dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by brujo, Nov 6, 2005.

1. lynn

lynn New Member

yes, that makes perfect sense, but i did notice something interesting. My teacher doesn't have a problem with me putting my hands on him but he is rather reluctant vice versa - legal implications maybe??

2. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

possibly... not sure..... my coaches won't hesitate to try to feel what I'm doing. A couple of them won't hesitate to slap either.... when I do something incorrect :oops:

3. lynn

lynn New Member

the female instructors i had don't have that problem, but my male instructor does - but that could also be b/c he tried to show me something once and i ended up injuring my back....

4. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

In that case, I can certainly understand his hesitation...

5. lynn

lynn New Member

poor guy, it was completely not his fault! oh, well, i guess he just didn't want to end up being sued.

6. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

A few weeks ago in WCS class, I didn't catch the starting count of the sequence we were doing, so we were a few beats behind, which I corrected by pushing through a bit faster until we had caught up with the rest (unfortunately, I have become rather good at stuff like that). The couple next to us must have been in the same boat, because I soon heard his partner ask him, "Have we caught up yet?"

7. lynn

lynn New Member

so....did they??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

8. hepcat

hepcat Member

Slap?!?! :shock: Don't tell me... He wears leather a lot too, doesn't he?

Now there's something I should incorporate into my teaching style! :raisebro:

9. RIdancer82

RIdancer82 New Member

well, that could certainly get very interesting, very quickly.....

no, some of them will do that for example if you arrive on a bent knee in latin.... you can be prepared to have that leg slapped

10. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, I might be new, but I do have a funny situation that I didn't know was funny until afterwards. When I first started earlier this year, I met a male instructor that I really clicked with. (He's not my instructor though.) Sometimes we get into discussions while at group parties. We were learning the different kind of whips, and he made the remark of, "I taught you about all of the whips now." I looked at him with a grin and said, "No comment." I have never seen him blush like that. I didn't know what had happened until I told my sister what happened in class over the phone, and she started bursting with laughter. Yeah and what a way to make a good first impression!

11. hepcat

hepcat Member

That's hilarious! You didn't get the implication?! ROTFLMAO! What expression did you have? Tight mouthed restraint and looking up and away would've emphasized it nicely! :razz:

12. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

some coach slaps me and they're gonna land on their arse...and I don't care how good their balance over their standing foot is...lol

13. lynn

lynn New Member

I should be thankful that has never happened to me before :lol:!

14. fascination

well its a hardship but someone has to do it:cool: :raisebro:

15. lynn

lynn New Member

yeah, but isn't it distracting?? BIG TIME?? :raisebro:

16. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

If you are talking about my post, nope! I didn't know what I had said until my sister started laughing, and then I was like what? Now of course I feel the implication, so I watch myself more closely when I'm around him, but not back then I didn't lol. ;)

17. hepcat

hepcat Member

If I'm goin' down, I'm taking you with me! :banana:

18. fascination

promise:raisebro: ?

19. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I've said that to my teacher! I wouldn't mind personally lol. (Man, I hope he's not reading this thread right now!)

Another instructor of mine saw my dance costumes and wanted me to put them on. I asked, "where can I try them on"? He said, "Well, you can try them on right here if you want to"! I just started cracking up, and I responded by saying, "I thought it was a family show"!

20. hepcat

hepcat Member

Sure you're ready to take a nose dive? You might get hurt getting sprawled out on the floor like that.