General Dance Discussion > Was is the strangest thing said in mid-dance?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by brujo, Nov 6, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i believe you underestimate me

2. hepcat

hepcat Member

You don't think I can take you down with me? Your poise won't help you. How do you propose to keep it up?

3. fascination

i didnt say that...I just said I wouldnt get hurt....sir I am one muscular woman

4. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Strong woman. I like that!!

Does that mean you can dip me?

And that last thing is what I've asked my dancing partners before. (So, now I'm on-topic too! :p )

5. fascination

I can bench press you

6. fascination

and i've said that to men I've danced with as well

7. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

In Viennese Waltz (Wiener Waltzer; the English spelling never looks right to me) class tonight, we did the waist turn , or whatever it's called. From a hesitation break, we both wrap our right arm around our partner's left waist and then we turn in place. Then to exit we roll her off our hand for a free spin in the direction of the line of dance and we catch her in closed.

One partner early on was hard to roll off, because she kept gripping my left waist as tightly as she could, almost desparately so. Finally, she asked me, almost in frustration, "Don't you have a 'love handle' or something I can hold on to?"

Nope. Pilates.

8. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

:lol:

9. amrimi

amrimi New Member

But then you would have to say Wiener Walzer. (without a t) ;)

10. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Verzeihung. It's been about 30 years. Doesn't help that it sounds the same with or without the "t".