General Dance Discussion > Wax on, wax off??

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Tasek, Apr 26, 2004.

?

Guys showing chest hair???

1. Guys - Hairy and willing to show it!!

100.0%
  2. Have it, but don't flaunt it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Waxing, shaving, plucking, whatever it takes to get rid of the stuff!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Girls - Hmmm, come here you big teddy bear!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Meh, as long you're clean I don't care either way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Alright, you're getting a weed whacker for your birthday!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Inspired by this thread http://www.dance-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=3331&start=28 mentioning (competition) dancers waxing their chest.

So; a two part poll to ascertain the feeling of the DF'ers on the subject.

And ofcourse, any nice stories greatly appreciated.

And i'll kick off to get things started;

I have a fair amount of chest hair, clothing will vary when I go dancing, but sometimes i'll wear a shirt with the top 2, 3 buttons undone, showing a little hair. And I have gotten some direct response on the subject from the opposite gender, so far always in very similar, and very amusing, ways; the girl will point it out and say something along the lines of "Hmm, shouldn't you button up??" whilst, invariably, at the same time copping a feel.
    So for now I'll show a little hair from time to time.

2. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Somewhere between one and two. Hairy chest, but don't flaunt it. Neither do I hide it.

It's just there, and I don't think about it and wether it's showing or not.

When it comes to plucking, waxing and stuff.... it's a waste of time and money (and I think it's a very feminine thing to do). :twisted: :lol:

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

I didn't know men thought about these things voluntarily. :? I thought they waited until after they were in committed relationships, then argued with their girlfriends/wives about it. :twisted: :lol: LOL.

4. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Actually, I always believed it was the opposite. When a guy is single (and possibly desperate) he would be much more tempted to go to extreme measures, and maybe let lifestyle magazines fool him into thinking all girls hate body hair. :lol:

5. etchuck

etchuck New Member

Swimmers have to use dipilatory methods, and I don't recall swimmers having problems with getting dates (in general anyway). ;)

6. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Neither do hairy dancers (if they're good) :lol:

Hairless bodies are nice. Nothing wrong with it. But too me it's all wrong (priority wise) spending a lot of time and money on it, Especially since its nothing wrong with some hairs either.

And just like I think smooth and firm eighteen year old girls are just beautiful :p , but tend to prefer girls/women closer to my own age (I'm thirty one), I think few women mind a hairless chest but still some prefer hairs because it feels more manly and mature in some sense. :lol: It depends a lot of age though.

(Or maybe the girls who told me they prefered hair, just lied to me in order not to hurt me :evil: )

7. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Ofcourse we think about such things, it's just that we normally don't discuss such matters with girls, after all, wouldn't want someone besides your SO to know about it and think you're some pansy!! We guys have an image to preserve ;)

8. Tasek

Tasek New Member

Girls lie??????? :shock: :shock: :wink:

9. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

You're right! Girls never lie about these kind of things! :roll:

10. etchuck

etchuck New Member

11. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Hmmm.... I was talking more in general. On the dance floor, the most important thing is to smile, have fun and find that good connection. :D

Of course, getting close to a nice well shaped body is cool too. 8) But, that is actually secondary. (Yes, I mean it!) And anyays, when doing lindy I normally don't do much rubbing up against the girls anyway.

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

WHAT? Guys really WAX? Gross, bigtime! What's wrong with the hair? I prefer guys with at least SOME hair on their chests!!! In Japan, women ABHOR chest hair on men, and sometimes even force their guys to go in for hair removal, etc(then again, most women here prefer skinny and "pretty" emasculine-looking men.! YUCK!) Show what you were born with, guys! I think hair makes a man look even MORE masculine! :D

13. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

Funny topic :lol: !

I'd say depends. Just like facial hair, or wearing long hair (on your head, that is :wink: ), hairy chest suits some guys more than others. It's a combination of personal style/personality.

It's also a cultrual thing I guess. The most obvious example, in general, the Western society we live in today would NOT generally consider a woman well-groomed/attractive if she lets her leg/arm-pit hair grow al natruale. Yet in other cultures, the removal of such hair for women is considered un-healthy/barberic :shock: !

Now guys, how many of you actually prefer girls who leave their body hair in their natrual state....?

*Disclaimer: I am merely making a point. I conform to the common practice of body hair removal, just incase any of you get mental pictures :oops: *

14. KevinL

KevinL New Member

Really? Based on your avatar picture you seem to have a very hairy chest...

15. KevinL

KevinL New Member

Prefer? I almost never notice women with hairy underarms or legs - mostly because all the women around here seem to shave regularly. I do however, prefer the non-leg and non-underarm hair to be au naturale.

Ok, so guys chest hair is open for debate. What about guys with rugs on their neck and backs? How do you feel about that?

Kevin

16. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

:lol:

Well, my little mascot on the left there is more representative for my personality than my looks. Still we do share some common traits, most notably a soft and cuddly belly. :wink:

17. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

We don't play those weirdo sex games down here in Tennessee.

Buncha dancers. Shoot. :wink:

18. Tasek

Tasek New Member

For girls i'm used to seeing, and prefer, legs and underarms shaved, though I don't really care if they haven't done so for a few days. For the non-leg/non-underarm I prefer with, though trimmed.

Oh, and my apologies to any tenneseeans i've offended with this topic, living in tennessee is hard enough already ;)

19. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:lol: You guys don't miss a beat, do you :wink: .....?

*and all these time we assumed that you guys don't pay any attention :nope: *

20. etchuck

etchuck New Member

I pay more attention to body odor, but I think I've already scored with visions of men waxing out their chests for one week. ;)