General Dance Discussion > Wax on, wax off??

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Tasek, Apr 26, 2004.

?

Guys showing chest hair???

1. Guys - Hairy and willing to show it!!

100.0%
  2. Have it, but don't flaunt it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Waxing, shaving, plucking, whatever it takes to get rid of the stuff!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Girls - Hmmm, come here you big teddy bear!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Meh, as long you're clean I don't care either way.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Alright, you're getting a weed whacker for your birthday!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Oooh, very true! 8) :wink:

Sakur Kitty :kitty:

2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Actually, he probably does some MEAN hip-hop moves, by the looks of him! :D

3. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:lol: yet another totally hijacked thread :lol: .....!

Love it :p !

4. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

But can he lead? (I'm struggling here.....) :lol:

5. Sakura

Sakura New Member

*helping Flat Shoes out* I'm sure he can't lead even *half* as well as you can! :D :wink: :notworth: :notworth:

=^______^=

Sakura Kitty :kitty:

6. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Yeah, there you go! Who cares about this Vin Diesel dude and all his muscles... that guy probably can't even lead a decent swingout! Bah! :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

(Thanks Sakura! :kissme: )

7. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

How did having no hair and yet still being sexy ever lead to whether the guy can dance or not and being muscular? :shock:

8. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:D :D No problem! =^__^= I'm always ready and willing to help fellow, cute, furry, woodland animal friends out! :wink:

(PS-Swing is fun! I've not gotten to do a whole lot of it though; my teacher's been focusing on Latin for me. Which is still good, but Swing is fun and bouncy! I can't remember which one I do: we use a triple step, and it's a bit more lively than another version of swing. I'm counting on your guys to help my get my terms straight! 8) :wink: :notworth:)

9. Sakura

Sakura New Member

Well, it was general knowledge that Vin Diesel has copious amounts of the muscles; but as for the bald sexy-ness and being a good lead, we're trying to boost Flat's ego and show him the support only lines of text on a screen can bring! =^__^= :bouncy: :uplaugh:

10. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

NARUHODO! :wink: ("Indeed!" in Japanese)

11. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

12. Sakura

Sakura New Member

:D Sugoi! ("Awesome" In Japanese {for those who are going: =O_O= at our Japanese-ness! 8) ) You know we love you though, Flat!

13. danceguy

danceguy New Member

Gentlemen - what the bloody heck is going on here! :x :argue:

Where's your pride? :headwall: :doh: :headwall:

I take a little break from DF for a while and the ladies hijack a thread about MANLY chest hair? Ok, its time to take this thread back! :p

Without telling too much, I have a very hairy chest, but I don't show it off much. Typically while dancing I wear a white shirt under my dress shirt, so there's not a lot to see there. A funny side bit though, when I was going through Massage training I was voted "hariest guy in class", and another student recommended a salon that could do waxing for me. I polietly declined, because I also claimed the title of having the best legs (and I think mine were sexier than the ladies as well!), so it wasn't all bad. :lol: 8)

So yes, I am a hairy guy, I've met women who heavily dislike it, and others who it turns on...the latter are the ones that I like to spend time with! ;)

For the ladies, yes I know how much time you all spend on shaving...and I will admit that shaved legs and underarms are very attractive, but if I see some hair there I will not have a fit, the natural look is ok in my book.

That being said, I will share just how much time I spend on my beard! I stayed clean shaven for many years...but now I've been sporting facial hair for the past 6 months or so. I spent lot of time looking at the styles of other guys...purchased a special beard trimmer and spent many hours experimenting to get the right look. And trust me as the DF guys know (well those who get more than peach fuzz that is!), keeping a full beard is way more work than going clean shaven! :roll:

A funny story to share...a while back I was at a Salsa workshop, and one of the teachers there had shaved his underarms (yes he was a man), and I had never seen another guy do this! He had no body hair that I could see on his upper body...and I almost wished I had some fake hair and glue so I could have made him look normal...heh. ;)

So again, I greatly repsect all the work you ladies do for shaving, and perhaps I could be considered akin to the missing link, but I'm hairy, bearded and damn proud of it! Some like it, some don't, but its all good for what floats our boat. :D

And on a final note, I entreat you ladies to examine this picture if you haven't already...for it is of our dear friend Boriken...so please take a look here:

http://www.dance-forums.com/album/showphoto.php?photo=101&password=&sort=1&cat=500&page=1

Now then girls, seeing that hairy chest, and knowing his smooth way with words and dance skills...what lady wouldn't want to dance with him? (hint Boriken, help me take this thread back!) :lol:

Hairily yours,

SG

14. cocodrilo

cocodrilo New Member

Go ahead, SG, show us your HAIR! (I personally like guys with hair on the chest!) :D
    Borikensalsa looks OK to me! I'd dance with him!
    As for mustaches & beards, I think they look GREAT if they suit you.
    As for that guy shaving his armpits, YIKES!!! They might've been infested with something, which caused him to do that!
    :shock:

15. squirrel

squirrel New Member

SG, have you posted a picture?! I wanna see one...

And yes, I knew Boriken's picture... attractive man! If he dances half as good as he looks, I am moving to NY!

I for one love hairy guys! And Cocodrilo, I have met guys who shaved their armpits... no problem with that... they also shaved other part of their body, btw :oops: :lol: they told me it made them feel cleaner...

16. Tasek

Tasek New Member

My teacher (male yes) also shaves his underams, probably also shaves other areas of his body, but that I don't know nor do I really care to know. Don't care about his underarms but do wish he would get rid of that awful scrappy little ponytail (and i'm not the only one in class with that opinion).

hmm, torn up on this, should I unbutton my shirt revealing my manly, hairy chest and take back the thread or just feel proud that the first thread I started on DF is already on it's 7th page, even though it's hijacked :lol:

17. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

Personally I prefer a shower and a soap, and then I top it off with some deodorant. :roll:

18. squirrel

squirrel New Member

I suppose they were shaving while taking a shower (and probably using soap) :p

19. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

In most swing types you can use the tripple-step. If it was lively then it was probably not West Coast Swing. WCS is non-bouncy, smooth and have more ballroom-like styling. The you got East Coast Swing or Lindy Hop (if it was in the US). I don't do ECS, but as far as I know the basic steps in ECS is a six count; back-step, tripplestep, tripplestep. While the basic patterns in Lindy is eight-count; back-step, tripplestep, walk-walk, tripplestep.

In Lindy you can use six-count as well, but the basic repertoire is mainly eight-count patterns.

20. Flat Shoes

Flat Shoes New Member

You think :?: :?: :?:

Beacuse my experience is that after showering and correctly applying soap, I both feel and am clean, and there's no need for shaving off anything. :roll: :twisted: