Dance Websites > WCS dance site Westiemonkey

Discussion in 'Dance Websites' started by westiemonkey, Apr 21, 2004.

1. westiemonkey

westiemonkey New Member

I am writing to introduce to you our website www.westiemonkey.com and hope you will come visit us.

Who or what is Westiemonkey? Maybe this will help:

Westiemonkey.com is a website for West Coast Swing dancers with the intent of fostering the community online and off. Founded in November 2002 by Ligaya Fish and Tami Harris, it is now managed by a volunteer staff and various technical advisors covering news, calendar events, a discussion board, and photo gallery.

www.westiemonkey.com has posted it's Nadc and Boston Tea Party photos maybe one of your friends are in a photo.

2. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

This is a nice web site. I found it several months ago during a google search. It's cool. Thanks for the link. 8) :D

3. westiemonkey

westiemonkey New Member

Thanks - I just found this web and can't believe how similar it is to westiemonkey.com

4. pygmalion

The discussion forums are similar -- they're more or less strictly swing, though, right?

5. jon

jon Member

There are lots of phpBB-based dance message boards out there, and a fair amount of crossover posters between some of them. Not surprising they end up looking similar and having similar content.

6. pygmalion

Yes, jon. I've noticed that too. There are a handful of boards that are, IMHO, much better than others, depending on what you want. But there are a lot of boards, and a lot of crossover posters. That's why, when I'm looking for new topics, I rarely pick something that I've seen discussed on another phpBB board. I figure a lot of people at DF have already seen it. :? 8)

7. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Belated welcome to the forums, Westiemonkey!

8. westiemonkey

westiemonkey New Member

Now I found someone from Nashville.... I had someone looking for WCS dances in Nashville- 2 weeks ago.

If you WCS do you know where and when the local dances are???/

Thanks for the help...

and thank you for the welcome...

9. pygmalion

There's a thread on it here

The conversation gets a little off topic at times, but I'm pretty sure ther's actual dance venue information in there, somewhere. :oops: 8)

10. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

Hey WM--I'm kinda all over the map, so I've not been going to pure WCS venues. Silverado in Nashville (which is mostly a C & W venue) does a fair amount of WCS, especially on Monday nights, when they have a mixed bag of dancing--from tango, foxtrot, waltz, to rumba, salsa, ECS, WCS, hustle, cha cha, and 2-steps and Schottisches every four dances or so.

11. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I've been a member for a very long time, and I know there are others on the DF who are also members!!! They use the same "name" on that site!

All is kewl!

12. pygmalion

Yeah. I use the same name on a bunch of sites as well. I guess that ruins all chance of anonymity pour moi. :shock: :lol:

13. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

I registered onto Westiemonkey's discussion forum, but the email notification of replies does not function and there was no response when I addressed the problem. :(

14. westiemonkey

westiemonkey New Member

I am so sorry to hear that.... I will ask Tami about this..... Running a website is never easy..... But I will look into this..... Thank you for checking westiemonkey out.

And again I am sorry :)

15. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

When will westiemonkey be up again? I know it was down due to hacking or something.