Swing Discussion Boards > WCS Dancer Headcount

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Aug 29, 2006.

1. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

K . . . I've been curious . . .

How many WCS dancers are there on the Dance Forums? If you've attempted it once, may or may not continue, or whether you think you are good or suck at it . . . please count yourself!

Lets have no discussion or anything here, just a straight number crunching time. One post per person . . .

I'll get it started: 1

2. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

2---love it but not good at it.

3. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

3. WCS is one of my favorite dances.

4. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Well, I wonder where they all are? I guess you two will have to take turns dancing with me...
    (What's it called when two leaders take turns with a follower? I've gotten to do this a couple of times--too much fun! The other night I was dancing with my daughter--first my teacher cut in and took over leading--the next time he took her away and her partner stepped in to lead me. Then I got her back at the end.
    We call it a pimp dance when a leader dances with 2 followers at the same time.)

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I posed this same question on another website that I moderate, ad it took a while for it to get going.

Now that's what I call an offer I cannot refuse . . . I'd love to . . .

I've heard it called, *clearing throat* er, uh, . . . a threesome!

I've been the lead before in it, but I tried to be one of the guys once, with another guy and a female lead . . . my rookie follow abilities screwed us up.

Have you ever done the "fourplay" version for two couples doing a uison WCS?

6. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

SOP for our dance studio. :rolleyes:

7. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Sounds like fun...I'll have to brush up on my "skills."

I've done the follower-sharing in cha and 2-step also.

8. kansas49er

kansas49er New Member

FOur--count me in. It's my only dance, or what passes for dance

9. chandra

chandra New Member

10. africana

africana New Member

11. danceislove

danceislove New Member

7!!! I love WC!!!! :D

12. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

8 - love it, but I only know the basics. I'll get around to learning more one of these days.

13. Kortgawain

Kortgawain New Member

Number 9, my wife and I are trying to master some Rock and Go Patterns. It is slow going so far.

14. timbp

timbp New Member

Ten.

Started learning it in March. It became my favourite dance after Jordan and Tatiana visited Australia in May.

And just 3 weeks until Myles and Tessa get here :D

15. gracie

gracie Active Member

Eleven! I belong to the Floorplay dance club and have taken from Jen Deluca and Michael Keilbasa, as well as the founder-- Mark Trainor.

16. victordancer

victordancer New Member

twelve, my wife and i love this dance and the music is great. we are from new york and first learned this dance 15 years ago when we first attended BYU dance camp since it wasn't being taught on the east coast. It has finally arrived on long island where we live and it has really caught on and is being taught everywhere.

17. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

13, Checking in Vince.

WCS and Cha Cha, just give me plenty of both!!

BTW - I got to meet Robert last weekend; nice guy.

18. chandra

chandra New Member

Jen Deluca kicks butt! Thats awesome! (Congrats to her for cleaning up in... well, everywhere this year. In the words of RandomMysh on this board late night at liberty: "Jeniffer Deluca is my new hero!")

19. chandra

chandra New Member

So 13 people so far eh? Where am I gonna see you all this year? Anyone checking in for dallas dance in a couple of days???
    -AMy

20. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

We have San Jose this weekend . . . sometime soon, OK?