Swing Discussion Boards > WCS Dancer Headcount

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Vince A, Aug 29, 2006.

1. d nice

d nice New Member

I've been known to do a little WCS.

2. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

39... no actually 40. I think...

I LOVE WCS! I've competed in World Swing sanctioned events. Jack & Jills and couples. Am planning to add more swing events to the agenda this year.

3. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I just saw this . . . "a little???" Lindy taking up too much of your time???

4. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Haha... either way I can't wait to learn from him!!! ;)

5. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

He is a very good dancer and a very patient teacher!

6. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

I'm thankful to hear that!!! I'm going to need all of the help that I can get lol! ;)

7. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

You must be catching one of his workshops at some venue, yes? Get a private or two from him if he has some time to do so . . . you won't regret it!

Lindy or WCS?

8. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Yeah he's coming to my studio in April. So, I am going to catch him then. I'm not sure what the schedule is for that weekend, but I'm sure that there will be workshops as well. I was going to take privates. I'm not sure how many I can take yet, but I will get in as many as I can afford to lol. I've had some WCS and some ECS, but no Lindy. My studio teaches Lindy though. I just haven't been able to catch it on the nights that they teach it.

9. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Kewl . . . I've never seen him WCS, but he thinks he is good, and that's all that matters . . . great guy too!

10. d nice

d nice New Member

lol

"he thinks he is good"

Don't you know I come Sara Van Drake and Sylvia Sykes approved?

Actually I'm doing as much WCS as Lindy Hop these days... which could be everyday and still wouldn't be enough. If it swings I'm lovin' it. No bias here.

11. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Cool!

d nice, I think Tucson would love to see you again.

12. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Well, coming from one of the youngest of six kids, I know what it's like to feel like your invincible when you are standing right there lol.

Who are they lol?

I'm not sure how great I'll be Swinging, but I'll try what you throw out at me!!!

13. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

I thought that would get your attention!

You couldn't ask for better stamps of approval!!!

Well, if you WCS as well as you LH . . . look out world!

PS. Do you do any swing dancing in Sac? Where do you go? Several times a month we go to the Ballroom, but there is way too much C&W there for me.

Suggestions?

14. SPratt74

SPratt74 New Member

Hmm... I don't know if that's a good or a bad statement lol. They said this about me when I first started, and I'm not sure if it was good or not to date lol. ;)

15. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

Welcome to DF, DancinAnne! :)

(Richard says hello!)

16. d nice

d nice New Member

I'd certainly love to go back.

17. d nice

d nice New Member

I haven't been dancing in Sac for about 8 mo. Try and contact the people at Capital Swing or Chuck Brown.

18. DancinAnne

DancinAnne New Member

Thanks SuzieQ!!

Who's Richard? I'm drawing a blank... :(

I hope all is well with you and that you didn't get too snowed in.

DancinAnne

(Oh, wait... I think I know who Richard is... I'll pm ya!)

19. Plainswalker

Plainswalker New Member

I'd be 40? :)

20. Lynn P

Lynn P New Member

Done 'taster classes' repeatedly over the years and decided to really try to learn it. A bit difficult as no classes near me... so it will be slow progress. Its a lovely dance though, so worth trying!