Country and Western > We got any UCWDC people on here?

Discussion in 'Country and Western' started by gitjiggy, Jun 15, 2005.

1. gitjiggy

gitjiggy New Member

Just curious

2. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Absolutely . . . we both (wife and I) are . . . competing in Advanced and Intermediate dancer levels.

What events do you go to???

I hope others chime in on this thread, as I'd like to know who the UCWDC members are, and what events they go to . . .

3. gitjiggy

gitjiggy New Member

Me and my partner used to dance DIV III until I went to work overseas. We were expecting to win Worlds and then move to DIV II quickly. Of course, that all came to an end when I left. I've been overseas now for 3 years, so I have been out of the spotlight for a while.

We lived in New Orleans Louisisana, so we usually attended the southern comps including:

Texas Classic
    A Nashville Event
    Christmas In Dixie
    Country Dance Mardi Gras
    Peach State Festival
    Southern something in Biloxi.
    A few other from time to time

I can't even remember the names its been so long.

4. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Ah ha . . . we've had this conversation, yes? I remember you talking about World's. My wife wants to Divisions, but I don't want to compete with her - nothing against her - it's just that almost all the couples that I know, who compete with each other - they fight and argue, and most end up in divorce. I won't go there, so we do "Just Dance" and smaller contests at some of the social clubs that we attend . . .

So, when are you coming back???

We've only benn to the Texas Classic one that you mentioned.

5. natalina

natalina New Member

Hi I'm new here...

Hey! :D
    I started linedancing on january 2000,
    and my first comp was feb.2000.
    But I haven't been competing for a while now.
    Where are y'all from?
    Love, Naty

6. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Hi natalina! :D Welcome. I live in Dallas, Texas. :)

7. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Re: Hi I'm new here...

Welcoem to df Naty! Me, I'm from NY. :) Where are you from?

8. natalina

natalina New Member

I'm from holland :D

9. chandra

chandra New Member

from? Canada, Ontario, huntsville. Live? Iowa.
    :) :D

10. gitjiggy

gitjiggy New Member

I'm originally from New Orleans

I love to dance and I hope to get back with the UCWDC very soon. Got so much going, but things will slow down next year. Look forward to hearing from other UCWDC dancers.

11. natalina

natalina New Member

i used to compete in female superstars,but then stoped because of many things, and mainly my knee =o(

12. Neil

Neil Member

I thought you lived in Florida, that's why I told you about the borntosalsa.com party coming here in Miami. Did you move? Or, do I have you mixed up with somebody else?

BTW, I used to go to a bunch of UCWDC events in the 1990's. My wife used to compete in Division 1 with Kal Branson.

13. wcsjon

wcsjon New Member

I have competed UC and still attend events, I plan to start competing again next year.

Since we might know each other, who's who?
    I'm Jonathan Baumeister

Used to compete advanced line back around '01 or so? Couples on and off, should be picking that back up, probably division 2.

14. Anthony (Wigan)

Anthony (Wigan) New Member

im from wigan united kingdom not competed in five years competition over here is very b_i_t_t_y cant be doing with it prefare to social dance

15. SuzieQ

SuzieQ New Member

We are thinking about doing UC events next year. We have done two in the past--St. Louis and Chicago. We have been competing in ACDA (used to be Fun Country) but my instructor wants to get back into UCWDC and my daughter and her partner want to do that also. One of the drawbacks is that we would probably not be able to go to Worlds when they are in a different country--even going to Las Vegas next year would be doubtful. One good thing about ACDA for us is that we live in Missouri and most of the comps are close.

I am thinking about competing with my husband next year, but I have the same feelings about it as Vince--we already have "discussions" about dancing due to our different goals and needs, but I'm thinking that maybe if I bite the bullet and compete with him it will make him happy.

16. dancergal

dancergal New Member

We go to some of the UCWDC events on the West Coast but don't compete. Haven't gotten the nerve yet.

17. Vince A

Vince A Active Member

Anyone going to Las Vegas next week??? We'll be there on Tuesday through Sunday.

dancergal . . . I thought your better-half competed in Jack and Jills??? You should too!

So far, I'm not doing Pro-Am next year, but will be doing Showcase with a Pro!

18. dancergal

dancergal New Member

Hi Vince, yes, he still competes in Jack and Jills, but only in WCS.

Not going to Vegas this year. Going to Palm Springs for New Years.
    Have fun doing Showcase. That sounds cool.