Dancers Anonymous > Weird and/or Funny Dance Floor Stories

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by Phil Owl, Mar 24, 2003.

1. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a real talent there GR :wink:

2. KevinL

KevinL New Member

Last week in class I was watching this couple dance and as the guy moved the heel of his shoe stayed in place and he danced away from it. The look on his face as he looked down to see why it felt like he was standing in a hole was priceless!

The shoe was ruined, so he broke the heel of the other one and joined class a few minutes later.

It was pretty funny, but maybe you had to be there...

Kevin

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

That's hilarious. It definitely translates into words quite well.

What kind of heels was he wearing, one wonders. Must have been LAtin shoes. Otherwise, would he even have noticed? (raised eyebrow smiley here)

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

I think it has more to do with the people they select/hire vs. the effects of being on the Jerry Springer show itsself

... ahh I tried to watch that show once -- very funny as I shudder

-- it's hard to have faith in humanity after that!

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Yes. It seems they do deliberately pick ... uh ... questionable guests. Fortunately, they also pick really burly security guards. :shock: :lol:

6. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

Here's one for you all to have a laugh at my expense :lol:

The other night I was dancing a Salsa, and as we were doing these crossover turns where you hold both hands and each of you take a turn to go under the arms (anyone know what they are called?)
    my lead dropped my hand in mid air.... I wasnt expecting him to let go at that height and my hand fell and smacked him right on top of the head!!

It was embarassing at the time but now I thinks its quite funny :D

7. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

I don't know ShyDancer, seems to me you did what you should have...if your hand is dropped you should let it fall in a straight line. Not your fault if he got his head in the way! :wink:

8. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

I like your line of thought SD...blame him! Next time he ought to be more careful of his interfering head!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

that's the glory of being a lead... you just follow

10. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

See...that's why I want to follow...

11. Genesius Redux

Genesius Redux New Member

And wear heavy bracelets. 8)

12. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

ooh ooh with spikes!

13. tj

tj New Member

This actually happened to me back in Denver...

I have no idea how her hand ended up inside my shirt, but next thing you know, she tore it right down the middle! (My friends were teasing me the rest of the night!)

14. SDsalsaguy

They were just jealous that they neither (A) had women tearing off their shirts, nor (B) knew how to lead such moves. :lol:

15. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I wouldnt want to maim or kill anyone! Now that my arms are starting to play a bigger role in my dancing Im noticing that Im hitting a lot of my partners :lol: :lol: :lol:

16. ShyDancer

ShyDancer New Member

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

What was your reaction?

I get a good visual on this one! I once got my hand into my partners shirt.. the look on his face was funny enough, I cant imagine what it would have been if I had pulled my hand out a little harder and ripped his shirt :lol:

17. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

:oops: Apparently it's not that hard to do....... I've noticed lately that I regularly get my left fingers inside the guys' shirts (space between buttons) somehow. Still can't figure out exactly how, but I have visuals too :oops: !

18. SDsalsaguy

You are saving me some dances, right SC? :wink:

19. salsachinita

salsachinita New Member

.........whatever gave you the idea that I wouldn't , SD........ :wink: :wink: ?

* :roll: still would like to know how I did it :oops: *

20. tj

tj New Member

I made some smart alecky remark... something to the effect of "If you wanted to put your hand up my shirt, all you had to do was ask..."

It was back in the day before I learned not to wear silk when going out dancing. And since it wasn't that expensive of a shirt, it wasn't a big deal. I didn't let it stop me from dancing, especially since it would've taken me an hour to go home and back.

I did, however, go home the one (and only) time I split a pair of pants! Lol!