Dance Ads > Well begun is half done - chat thread

Discussion in 'Dance Ads' started by Anonymous, Sep 28, 2005.

1. lynn

lynn New Member

maybe b/c i think i like it, but not to the point of loving it? and in a way, i hope as i progress, i'll learn to love dancing....

it's actually quite a long story, i learned piano for 20+ years but never truly learned to love it and i just hope it'll b different with dancing....

2. lynn

lynn New Member

:shock: :?: huh?? i don't think anything is being obscured by my dancing though.....

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's your choice. :D That works, too. 8)

4. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

Wow 20 years is quite a long time... Do you still play at all?

5. lynn

lynn New Member

not really, i've got a grand piano that's gathering dust in my living room (and depcreciating @ a horrifically fast pace) - i guess it's b/c i tried different "hobbies" every year and never truly liked any one of them, dancing probably came closest to "loving" it, so i'm kind of hoping i can find something in my life that i actually like doing......

6. Katarzyna

Wow... That must have been quite an expense. Too bad you don't play anymore...

7. pygmalion

I'm talking good old opportunity costs. If you're spending your time and money on dancing, then you're not spending them on something else. That's the way it goes with choices. *shrug*

8. lynn

lynn New Member

ah, opportunity cost - true, but the truth is, if i don't spend my time dancing, i probably would end up as a couch potato anyways - that's how i was before i started dance classes..... maybe b/c i'm too much of an introvert.....

yeah, piano can become expensive - esp for ppl who start when they're small...

9. Katarzyna

parents might pay during the early years though :)

10. lynn

lynn New Member

yes, and when you become better, it seems like an investment and it becomes very difficult to quit halfway.

btw, pygmalion, i'm curious, i know a lot of ppl who started dancing to meet ppl (tho not my objective) - do you not think so??

11. Sagitta

Sagitta Well-Known Member

Me thinks she needs to dance with me...to see if we can get a teeny weeny spark going... :wink: :)

12. lynn

lynn New Member

eh....so far everyone whom i've danced with averages twice my age - so no sparks flying whatsoever!

oh, btw, did i mention my back no longer hurts ever since i took dancing seriously (which is about a month ago)??? that's a pretty amazing side benefit!

13. pygmalion

Sure. A lot of people have that objective, which I think is perfectly reasonable and respectable. So, if that's your objective, have at it. 8) :D

14. lynn

lynn New Member

actually, my objective is to be the best i can - that's my attitude toward everything, no other motives are involved......

oh, cool, my co-workers just gave me a girl guide cookie, yummy!!

15. pygmalion

I can relate. I feel the same way. If you're going to do it, do it well. 8)

Girl Scout cookies (I assume the organizations are similar. :? ) are only available here for a few weeks early each spring.

16. lynn

lynn New Member

so.... how's your dance life so far :lol: ??

these cookies tastes very different from the girl guide cookies in the spring, maybe different organization?? these ones taste like chocolate coated cookies....

17. pygmalion

Yeah. "Girl Scout Council of America" is one organization and I assume Girl Guides is totally separate.

I've heard mention of Girl Guides in both Canadian and UK books, so I'm not sure exactly who the Girl Guides are. I just know they exist. 8)

18. pygmalion

Hmm. Looks like the organizations are different ... but they both have that little cloverleaf thingie. I wonder what that means. :roll:

http://www.bc-girlguides.org/

19. lynn

lynn New Member

i like the chocolate sandwich cookies - but they're only available in spring...that's too bad....

20. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

Maybe that they both have that little cloverleaf thingie? :wink: