Dancers Anonymous > We're doomed ...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Mar 16, 2006.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

well if he has a partner and they are both staying local we are back to Sam's suggestion...or starbucks gift cards...or concert tickets...or

2. fascination

btw...we are still doomed...today, pollen and mosquitos I think

3. samina

samina Well-Known Member

that is an awesome idea. i remember a friend's mom used to do stuff like that all the time for her kids...

4. samina

samina Well-Known Member

no don't... you're ideas are awesome. i'll have two in college this fall... could use these ideas.

5. Peaches

Peaches Well-Known Member

You could find out how the school works things like student accounts wrt their bookstore, convenience store, and cafeteria and whatnot. See if you can make a deposit to their account so they have that extra money for snacks and whatnot on campus. Or public transportation voucher thingies. It's not exactly fun and exciting, but for a broke college student it's helpful.

(Although it's much more fun to buy for someone going away to school.)

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Yeah...the convenience store, maybe. If his parents are footing the bill for all the school-related stuff, I don't really feel like I'm giving him as much of a gift as them. Although his mom is very nice and all ;).

7. Peaches

Ooh, good point. I forgot about the possibility of parents footing the bill. (9 years later, I'm still footing the bill for my education, as is DH.)

8. mamboqueen

yeah, well, inconceivable to me, too. Hope my kids are reading this! heh...

9. Peaches

Meh. Money well spent, so I don't really mind. And plenty of financial stupidity is why it hasn't been paid off by now. But, really, it meant I knew I needed to get my butt in gear and grow up and be responsible, so I would be ready to start making payments. Not entirely a bad thing.

10. mamboqueen

No; but just imagine what it will be like having kids graduate in 10 years or so from now. It's going to be like coming out of school with a full mortgage. I just heard that one school around here (can't remember which - BC maybe?) is up to $50K/year. I will have better luck aiming to be considered impoverished so we can get in that way. Really sucks.

11. mamboqueen

heh...I guess I don't have to aim too high now that I think about it.

12. Peaches

Oh, not arguing. I about had a heart attack the other day when I saw what my alma mater's in-state tuition is now. Sure, wages have increased, but my gut feeling (as in, I haven't actually taken a hard look at the numbers) is that tuition has outpaced it.

I'm just saying, having that obligation made the real world extremely real. I couldn't afford to do the puttering about that I watched several friends with no obligations go through. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that, I guess, but it doesn't quite fit my idea of being a responsible adult for the long-haul.

13. mamboqueen

and this is why we buy the good tequilla !

*hic*

14. Peaches

Hey, quit hogging the tequila! Share some love, dangit.

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Check the dorm rules about crockpots, etc. Some allow small appliances, others don't.

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

I always thought we buy the good tequila so that we don't have to dilute it.

I never could get the hang of mixed drinks.

17. fascination

bunch o lushes...you people...it's monday not friday...oh that's right we're doomed ...better pretend it's friday

18. mamboqueen

*cheers*

Let's just say every day is Friday, then ;)

19. Larinda McRaven

Larinda McRaven Site Moderator Staff Member

For me it is inch worms. They have infested the tree under which I park. So I am covered in leaf litter and worm poop.

20. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

:lol: We are doomed! :lol: