Dancers Anonymous > We're doomed ...

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by DancePoet, Mar 16, 2006.

1. DancePoet

DancePoet Well-Known Member

Then maybe it's the parents that need a gift. ;) :lol:

2. DancePoet

Perhaps more kids are going to need to start staying home instead of off to a dorm just to cut back on today's costs.

3. DancePoet

Soon the kids will figure out they are doomed, too. :lol:

4. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Well, should I just whip up a big batch of Kool Aid??!!!

5. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Lol, I don't need a reason.

6. mamboqueen

mamboqueen Well-Known Member

Just remember the most important thing about buying good tequilla. You need to share it with your pals ;)

7. samina

samina Well-Known Member

Re college...no way I'm sending my kidlets out into the world in debt. They weren't into anything passionately enuf to get a scholarship, but they have an excellent community college at their disposal. Some well-spent time there coupled with some resourcedulness and the pursuit of something that truly interests them should get them off to a decent start, IMO...

8. ThisIsNotMe

ThisIsNotMe New Member

Soooo many of my friends are living at home during uni now, compared to their older siblings who mostly lived out of home. I'm living with my parents when I go to uni next year, its the only way I'll be able to afford anything! Uhh...stupid question...what's Kool Aid?? I don't think I've ever heard of it....maybe we don't have it in Australia...

Tequila, however, I have heard of! :mrgreen:

9. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

exxxxxxcellent:rolleyes:...

10. Joe

Joe Well-Known Member

Fasc is a hippie. :)

I'll bring the cyanide.

11. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

I am not even a baby boomer I'll have you know!!!!!...first year of gen X here...but I have a hippie heart

12. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

It's a children's drink in the US. Been around for several decades and an almost universal part of everyone's childhood. Not sure how it's dispensed now, but we'd get the flavored powder in a sealed paper envelope, mix it in water with some sugar, and we'd have a fruit (or whatever) flavored drink.

In the US Navy, something similar is served in the galley, only there it's called "bug juice" -- from the NavTermFAQ (http://www.hazegray.org/faq/#smn):
    Joe has already identifed the cultural reference MQ was making: the Jonestown cult mass suicide. They made tubs of Kool-Aid with poison mixed in -- guess it was cyanide, since it was very fast-acting -- and everybody filled a cup and drank.

13. DancePoet

:lol: :lol: Way too funny

14. DancePoet

Still does.

And here I was told when attending camp as a youngster that the colored, flavored beverage that they served us, out of plastic milk jugs, was "bug juice". ;)

Ah ... what wonderful memories. :D

15. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Aw, you're just a pup.

16. DWise1

DWise1 Well-Known Member

Did they also tell you how many bugs they had to squish to get that much juice out of them?

Oh yeah, it's not just restricted to the Navy. Sailors might even have borrowed the term from their childhood camp experiences.

Sailor A: "What's your favorite flavor of bug juice?"
    Sailor B: "Red."

17. DancePoet

:lol: :nope: The reason it was called bug juice ... bugs were always landing in it, if you didn't keep a cap on it or drink what was poured to you quickly. The bugs liked it as much as we did, except they tended to drown. ;)

They were doomed, even though they didn't seem to know it. I'm not sure we understood our sense of doom yet either, but it wasn't because we dove into a vat of sugary beverage. Instead, we were just kids. :cool:

18. chocolatchica

chocolatchica New Member

Awesome! So I still have time to be a the World Latin Champion then? Doesn't seem like I would have time to be the ten dance champ though.... Darn!

19. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

>Cancer Scorpio Gemini sun moon Venus

I missed this post the first time around.

Uh oh. My sympathies if we think alike, Sam. ;)

20. QPO

QPO New Member

Looks like we did not have Kool Aid in Australia but we have cordial? which is a flavored sugared syrup that you ad water to make a drink.