Swing Discussion Boards > West Coast Swing in Europe

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by Lya, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Lya

Lya Member

Do you know very good West Coast Swing teachers who reside in Europe?
    My dance school is willing to invite a good one for workshops. But the USA is too expensive for all subscriber.

Thank you!

2. Spitfire

Spitfire Well-Known Member

Has WCS caught on in Europe? Last I understood it wasn't big there. Have you tried a Google search?

3. Polynomial

Polynomial New Member

The best WCS dancers and teachers are based in Scotland - which has a large Swing(WCS and Lindy) dance community.

The British Champions are based in Solihull

You might go to Youtube or Google and type in 'West Coast Swing' Edinburgh - you'll turn up plenty of links.

Although there are a number of excellent teachers and dancers, Graham Fox, being a formally trained IDSF Ballroom and Latin American teacher before 'going over to the dark side' stands out as the best teacher - though not necessarially the best dancer. You'll find video's of him on Youtube competeing in the USA if you type in Graham Fox West Coast Swing.

4. Lya

Lya Member

I wish, I wish ... :)
    I love the videos of WCS, e.g. Tatiana Mollmann is my favorite!

Thank you for your informations!!

5. kpm

kpm New Member

Where in Europe? Most that I know of are in the UK. There are a handful of good French dancers as well, but I don't know whether they they mainly reside in France or not.

6. SadKumquat

SadKumquat New Member

Primary hotspots are in France and UK. It's also starting to make inroads into Russia also. In fact, they just had the French Open WCS - do a search on ustream.

7. yagottabelieve

yagottabelieve New Member

WCS is gaining popularity in Europe. Go to the danse-a-2 site, where you will find lots of information about parties, events, dancers, etc. (I'd give the full URL, but I don't have permission to do that yet.)