Swing Discussion Boards > Westie X in NYC - September 2005?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by pix, Jul 12, 2005.

1. pix

pix New Member

Hi all,

Does anyone have info on the Westie Exchange in NYC this September? If nothing else, prices?

The last post I saw about this was
    Posted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 1:40 pm Post subject: WESTIE-X - NYC - WCS Exchange Sept. 16-18, 2005.

Variations of this site aren't working for me:
    http://www.westiemonkey.com/westiex.htm

Thx

2. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Westie X is no longer happening.

WestieMonkey was hacked back in December and various things have prevented the site from going back online.

Since the site was down and unable to update people as to what was going on with Westie X, the organizers decided to cancel it.

In the intrium, strictlyswing.com was formed to replace all the information lost with WestieMonkey. It's now two months old. With luck, however, WestieMonkey should be back up by the end of the month and Westie X moved to a later date. Should this not happen, StrictlyWestie will step in and organize an exchange. Currently they are working on a small exchange between NYC/Albany/Syracuse to test the waters and work out kinks that could arise in a larger exchange.

3. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Oh man! That's so wrong. :(

4. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

It is a shame, a lot of people were looking forward to it.

Luckily it's not canceled indefinitly. We will be scheduling other exchanges in the future.

5. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

It's still a shame that some mean-spirited hacker could cause so much trouble for so many people. Grr. :headwall:

6. swing4life

swing4life New Member

A hacker who dislikes dancers, probably.

7. pix

pix New Member

Sorry for the slow reply. Thanks for all of your information. It's a shame this isn't happening as scheduled -- I was going to round up a group to join me. Will keep my ears open for when it's rescheduled, and thanks for the new website names!

8. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

We are having a party on July 30 with 5 DJs play.

It will be at the Iguana on 54th Street, $5 entry & drink specials.

It's starting at 7p, and going to 11p.

DJ
    Anthony DeRosa
    Steve Wexler
    Devona Cartier
    Alex Samual
    Dmitri (Can't spell his last name)

So round up your friends and come in for that! The party is more about socializing and getting ot know fellow dancers, but we will have a dance floor and all the DJs are great!

9. pix

pix New Member

Ack. Sorry, can't make that. It sounds fun though. I'm hosting a Salsa/Latin dance in Princeton that night.