Funstuff and Inspiration > What Are You OCD About ???

Discussion in 'Funstuff and Inspiration' started by Ray Sison, May 2, 2010.

1. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Eliska, thanks! As for #3, in high school, I was editor of the school newspaper. It was hard for me to not have a hand in every aspect of the layout and what was going into print--as I felt that it had to be perfect before everyone in the school could see it. We also sent our paper to many , many other high schools in California as a sort of a newspaper exchange--and that motivated me even more. I tried to be inclusive in letting everyone contribute, but as far as proofreading and so on, I strived for perfection..

2. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Same here. Even by accident is no excuse. It just shows you're not careful. An inside page I can kind of deal with, but if you crease the spine on a paperback, I'm not letting you near my books again.

3. Kits

Kits New Member

people who are OCD sometimes scare me....:/

4. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

ireniecat, I feel the same way!

5. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Just thought of another one! When I'm designing a layout (for an ad, poster, etc), my font sizes always have to be an even number, except 7, 9, 15 and 21 are OK. I think I'm the only one who does this.

6. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

ireniecat, I've heard of examples of that, but in different contexts. For instance, a person who has to keep working the pump at the gas station so that the meter is on a rounded number or zeroes...

7. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

I think that's always really nice when the gas pump meter is a round number, but I don't have absolutely HAVE to have it :)

8. etp777

etp777 Active Member

No, you eat them by PAIRS of the same color, and then get upset when you always end up with unmatched ones at end. Stupid odd numbers

9. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

That's when you give the last one to a friend... I always alternate colors. I don't like eating two of the same color in a row. :p

10. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

What if they made packets of M&Ms that guaranteed the exact same number of each color!!

11. etp777

etp777 Active Member

They do. The single color ones. :)

12. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

Touche.

13. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

@ireniecat and ETP: :uplaugh: !!!

14. Kits

Kits New Member

My Dad was like that. It gotten really bad once. He Checked the lock on his car over and over again and then the lock eventually gave out and broke. He yelled at me once when I was trying to help clean his clutter. He didnt like me touching-anything. So thats why they scare me :(

15. ireniecat

ireniecat New Member

hug for Kits

16. Ray Sison

Ray Sison New Member

Yeah, double hugs for Kits. Because even though here we kid around in DF fashion with what we affectionately call "OCD", as I and others like WW and Peaches have stated earlier in this thread, there is also the real, clinical kind. When we talk about eating M&M's by color, for instance, we are mostly having fun with the neurotically zany and cute eccentricities in abundance in friends and family. Though from time to time the subject of the serious kind comes up here, too--which is healthy to discuss...

17. Kits

Kits New Member

Thank you guys. I am so sorry if I changed the topic into a serious one. :/
    But it just made me realize something about myself and why I am the way I am now.

18. pygmalion

pygmalion Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing, Kits.

19. etp777

etp777 Active Member

Nothing to apologize for Kits, we're here to help, in any way.

20. Kits

Kits New Member

Thats nice to know. Thanks :)