Dancers Anonymous > What do you do when you're not dancing?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by pygmalion, Sep 19, 2003.

1. SwinginBoo

SwinginBoo New Member

I'm not a vegan, nor vegetarian - though I do enjoy teryaki tofu & soy delicious ice cream. :p

In my spare time I like to:

Sing
    Run
    Sit in coffee shops for hours with friends
    practice ASL
    Drive back and forth btwn RI and CT
    cook
    draw
    color in coloring books
    nap on the couch

lots of other things I'm sure...but I don't have much spare time that I don't use for dancing :lol:

2. SDsalsaguy

SDsalsaguy Administrator Staff Member

dd...I'm not saying that fish don't feel pain, just that some argue that its not of the same magnitude as animals with more elaborated neural systems. Personally I don't know enough about this to decide one way or the other...just providing it as an example.

Since some people here seem curious about information, the last numbers I saw had 1 acre of rain forest, per year, per person, being destroyed for new grazing land. Personally that raises a score of associated considerations in my mind including, but not limited to, (1) oxygen production and air filtering requiring large, uninterrupted tracts of forest, (2) extinction of various plant and animal species (keep in mind that over half of the earth's surface biodiversity – there is more in the oceans – is in the rain forests), and (3) possible non-synthesizeble medicinal compounds being wiped out.

3. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

SD - Quick question for you, who is dd?

Another point...my apologies for drawing up such a heated discussion thread...all because of ice cream.

And my final point...I think I'll have to hold off on reading this particular board for a while and my stomach is beginning to churn on the whole meat issue and I'm likely to give it up for good... :( :shock: :mrgreen:

Thanks for all the info though, and I truly admire all of you for believing in something, sticking with it, being knowledgeable about it, and for standing up for what you believe in. :D

4. Swing Kitten

Swing Kitten New Member

oh is this heated??
    :lol:
    it didn't strike me as such!

I guess I've spent too much time in the swing forum!!

oh! did I just say that out loud?? :shock:

5. SDsalsaguy

You are silly :tongue: ...dancersdreamland :!: (I actually think Vince was the first one to abbreviate you thus.)

I'm with Swing Kitten on this one...I didn't find this heated in the least. And I am very, very sorry if anyone took anything I said in such a light. I have made decisions about how I want to live my life but make no claims that they are any better then anyone else's!

6. SDsalsaguy

LOLOLOL :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. dancersdreamland

dancersdreamland New Member

I'm dd...cool!!!

I just wanted to make sure there wasn't anything I had said to offend anyone's lifestyle. I hate to step on toes and wanted to make sure I hadn't done so here...releaved to here averyone's toes are good. THANKS! :D

8. SDsalsaguy

Yep, especially important in a group of dancers too.. :wink: