Swing Discussion Boards > what do you feel / think while dancing lindy?

Discussion in 'Swing Discussion Boards' started by luh, Jul 16, 2005.

1. luh

luh Active Member

hi
    I had a really fun time yesterday night swinging, and we had a talk afterwards, and i was trying to tell them, that lindy is not just a pattern of steps. It's way more. What you can express with it, and what it means. I couldn't think of too many words.

Politeness
    Fun
    Groove
    Swingin (of course ;))
    respect

what do you associate with lindy hop? (describing it, -feelings about it)
    luh

2. setsuna713

setsuna713 New Member

For me I think it has a lot to do with the music. I think/feel different tings when I'm trying to stay on my feet at 220bpm or just in the grove of a blues. The real trick for me, at whatever tempo, is to relax enough to have fun and (occasionally) follow what the leader leads......

3. leftfeetnyc

leftfeetnyc New Member

Freedom.

I'm a wcs dancer, and i find freedom there. But when I go out lindy dancing it's something different, which I can't put into words.

Both dances allow me to just be without the worries of work, or other things going on in my life. It's a wonderful feeling to just connect with another person and exist in a moment...it's not something I've found in other dances.

4. luh

luh Active Member

lol. :D:D

relax, and freedom. Intersting. All the other swing dancers on this bord agree, or why are there are so few posts?
    luh