General Dance Discussion > What do you like to do besides dancing?

Discussion in 'General Dance Discussion' started by Spitfire, Jan 31, 2003.

1. _malakawa_

_malakawa_ New Member

:p

dancing is my hobby, job, actually my life. but in a free time, when was home in croatia a will sit on my motorcycle and just went somewhere .... i adore riding bikes, sport bikes to be precisely.
    i miss my bike a lot :cry: with bike it also comes traveling.

and i like to read books. i have of about 500 books. and i am still buying them.

watching movies..... and of course - shopping. :)

i am crazy about everything in dancing - music, dresses (making and designing them), make up, hair style ........

and what i also like is learning languages. i speak three and i am learning 2 more.

a can say that am an adventure type so bungee jumping, rollercosters and other crazy, adrenaline stuff are perfect for me.

2. latervet1

latervet1 Member

so many things i like to do but reading this I noticed that i havent really done them lately.
    besides dancing i like to scuba dive, travel, camp. I always think i like to hike, then i go and i realize that i like to hike on flat ground or down hill. i really dont like hiking uphill. Its a running joke with my hiking partners that if i ever get lost just go to the lowest point around and wait. i'll show up eventually. somehow food just tastes so much better out in the fresh air after a days hike tho. Oh yeah i also love to eat and love searching out little hole in the wall dives. around this area it is usually TexMex food. I love books and movies. I love used book stores but havent gone recently. Love live music and live in one of the best places for it but again- havent done it recently. i could continue but i'm beginning to depress myself.

3. QPO

QPO New Member

Knitting , Sewing, reading, travelling, taking pictures, but don't have much time for those things as we dance most of the time.

4. anntennis

anntennis Active Member

Besides dancing:

Travel
    Skiing
    Tennis
    Going to Carribean resorts and relax on the beach
    Opera
    Ballet
    Various Shows, good musicals
    Movies
    Love dance and travel forums on Internet

5. nucat78

nucat78 Active Member

Hanging out at beaches, swimming, reading historical naval fiction like the Capt. Jack Aubrey series ("Master and Commander" and such). Gardening and cycling but I've cut back on those since dancing is taking up a lot more of my time.

I used to be a lot more active in my home church but got burnt out after being on this and that committee and teaching Sunday school and adult classes for several years. All that was before I started dancing.

I tutor math students during the school year for side (dance) money and that's a lot of fun.

And I shouldn't admit it, but aside from Bond and shoot-em-up flicks, I also like Hugh Grant movies, especially "Four Weddings and a Funeral".

6. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

oh yea...I knit and crochet as well...but in the summer it's mainly gardening and swimming and jogging