Dancers Anonymous > What does he (she) look like?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Nov 9, 2005.

1. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

whatever works for you lynn...for me, longer is better....although those pro hair ladies can do anything with anything....

2. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Lynn, if you have short hair, perhaps most of the guys you talk to are just trying to say they prefer you! ;)

Edit: I typed the message above before I saw Lynn's desription of her hair, but since her hair is no longer than shoulder length, it still might apply.

3. Indiana_Jay

I remember reading years ago a newspaper article regarding an anthropological view of the length of women's hair. The thesis was that in the earily days of humanity, young mothers wore their hair long so their babies could grab onto it. The mothers would cut their hair as their children (and they) grew older. So, human men began to associate long hair with child bearing and thus with sexual attraction. The article indicated that this is the reason that to this day, women older than child-bearing age (Fascination, please notice how carefully I put that) think that long hair is only for younger women.

For what it's worth...

-IJ

4. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Short hair in comps means you usually have to gel it all back, which is not always comfortable. One of my male teachers has to put lots of gel on his hair to keep it out of his eyes, and he just hates it.

Twilight Elena

5. brujo

brujo New Member

This is a fun thread.

Elena is young. She has black hair and blue eyes. Her hair is shoulder length, kinda like a younger Katarina Witt. She carries a backpack stuffed with books and dance sneakers, and is a little shy in person.

Am I close?

6. fascination

that is interesting...I had very short hair with my first baby and long with my second which was a huge mistake because she was forever yanking on it....so I cut it...my hair is shoulder length now....dh positively hates short hair...not to make him sound insufferable b/c he isnt...but I like to please my man...when it gets longer than that it can be a drag on my face I think ...but people often say my hair looks nice up...so now that it is growing longer...I wear it that way quite a bit....I will say that I think there is some truth also to men assuming that a longer head of hair belongs to a younger woman...dh and I used to do marriage prep for engaged couples and I cannot tell you how many women cut their hair as soon as they got married...I dont even want to begin to make any inferences about that ...just bizarre how common it was...re. child bearing...I've done my time...funny b/c alot of our contemporaries have little kids and we are almost empty nest at 40 and 43 respectively....I LIKE IT

7. lynn

lynn New Member

oops, just re-read my post, my hair is actually down my mid-back and not mid-shoulder (see, this is what happens when you post late @ night!!). I have slightly wavy hair (the not straight enough to be straight and not wavy enough to be curly type!) so anything above shoulder length would be near-impossible to tame!

8. LiveToDance

LiveToDance New Member

It is only one of many of her truly amazing qualities.

9. lynn

lynn New Member

:applause: :applause:

10. Indiana_Jay

Sounds nice to me!

11. lynn

lynn New Member

nice?? eh.... not if i have to spend 1/2 hr+ per day managing my hair :lol:....

12. Indiana_Jay

I'm sure all the men in your world appreciate the results of your effort!

13. lynn

lynn New Member

That actually reminds me something quite funny. One of the managers in our office adores ladies with long hair. He joked about how when couples are dating, girls always sport long hair b/c men like it. But once they're married, the lady would cut her hair short b/c it's more convenient and that there's no more incentive for her to spend hours and hours managing her hair :lol: :lol:!

14. fascination

but ya know...when I just walk out of the shower and let the hair go...it never fails, dh or some guy at the studio willl say...hey you look great today:rolleyes: so hey I like long hair and when i have time I do something with it and when I dont , I dont

15. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Spot on, brujo, except for the eyes. Chestnut. :D

Twilight Elena

16. Pacion

Pacion New Member

He also looks great in purple ;) :lol:

17. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Hmmm... tall, chunky looking, and dressed in purple...

Rosa ;)

18. fascination

okay, since he's not here right now....SHHHHHHHHHHH...ready?...HOTTTTTT!!!!...shhhh I didn't say it...and I'll deny it if confronted:cool:

19. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the dreaded "mommy haircut"! :shock: Seriously, I don't know that the length per se makes all that much difference... I think it depends more on what you do with it. My DW has always had her hair shoulder-length since I've known her. (She alternates between perm and straight. I like them both. But she says that the perm's easier to deal with.) I've seen pics of when she was young and had long straight hair, and to be honest, I don't like it as much... too '60s hippy-dippy for me.

20. cornutt

cornutt Well-Known Member

And while we're talking about hair, I'll toss something out... beards/moustaches vs. clean shaven? What's the DF opinion?