Dancers Anonymous > What does he (she) look like?

Discussion in 'Dancers Anonymous' started by mamboqueen, Nov 9, 2005.

1. Medira

Medira New Member

You bet! That's why I've never dyed my hair. I figure I'd never be able to regain the ability if I started with highlights. (despite my stylist friend pleading with me to let her loose on my hair)

Edited to add...I even have red in my hair today, so I do hit most hair colours depending on the weather and the season and the time of year adn my mood and who-knows-what-else. :p

2. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

Dying your hair is deadly for its health. I haven't met a person still who has dyed his/her hair in the past and doesn't have problems with ruined hair colour/texture. Seriously, if you don't really, really want to change your colour, stick to the natural.

Twilight Elena

3. Indiana_Jay

Indiana_Jay Active Member

Where are they? :p

4. Indiana_Jay

Interesting! Who can object to being called, "distinguished?" I suppose my gray jaw-line beard gives that appearance. An it probably makes me look "older," although that's a relative term. More specifically, I'm middle-aged. The hair is more brown than dark and thinning in places. Eyes are not all that dark. You got the tall thing right. As for quiet, it depends, but I do tend to "think to speak" rather than "speak to think."

Everytime time I see Medira's user name, I'm reminded of seeing Tony Randall perform a poem on The Tonight Show titled, "Have some mediera, m'dear."

-IJ

5. delamusica

delamusica Active Member

I died my hair for YEARS - it was blue, purple, red, black, had blonde streaks and various combinations of the above . . .

It's just now all the way grown out from the last dying, and it's fine - healthy and all. A little lighter than I remember it being when I first started dying it, but nothing drastic.

Dye is not doom. :)

6. Medira

Medira New Member

Hehehe! I meant "older" as in older than my 24 years of age, more than anything else.

Ya know, I think I may have seen that Tony Randall number. I may have to see if I can dig it up somewhere to refresh my memory.

7. MAJ28

MAJ28 New Member

Here's my pic, hope to get a pic of some of my random partners tomorrow.
    htt
    p://myspace-275.vo.llnwd
    .net/00250/57/24/250514275_l.jpg

(Not my best pic, but acceptable...)

8. It's Wonderful

It's Wonderful New Member

Hmm, I'm thinking you look like a random string of characters...

No really, I think little over average height, dark hair, maybe hazel-ish eyes?

9. Indiana_Jay

You might not have been born yet when Tony Randall did that performance! I think it was in the late 70s... early 80s at the latest.

-IJ

10. Medira

Medira New Member

Doesn't mean I haven't seen it though! I grew up on a lot of the older variety shows that my grandparents have taped over the years and, now that a lot of them are being released on DVD, it makes it easier to find them! :)

(My favourite movies are some of the golden-era MGM Musicals, and some of them came around before my parents were born, never mind me!)

11. amrimi

amrimi New Member

Actually, my hair was never before as healthy as right now. I've started to dye my hair 4 years ago and have it grown nearly to waist length since then. Everybody always thinks that I need a lot of time and products for my hair care but the only things I ever use is regular shampoo and that spray stuff that makes it easier to brush the hair.

12. Rosa

Rosa New Member

Yep, anything that makes it easier to brush the hair is good! :cool: :D

Rosa :)

13. Indiana_Jay

I've always been a sucker for long hair on a woman!

14. lynn

lynn New Member

wow, really?? most of the guys i talk to prefer women with short hair!

15. Indiana_Jay

Absolutely! I can remember even in the first grade being sweet on a girl who had long, flowing hair. Of course, all guys have slightly different preferences, so your mileage may vary!

-IJ

16. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

i think most of them prefer it on the longer side...and btw...you should meet larinda...yowza....looooooooooooong hair

17. lynn

lynn New Member

she's got absolutely beautiful hair!!!

18. fascination

fascination Site Moderator Staff Member

yea ...i'm going to let mine grow out too but not that long...I'm too old for that...but it sure does make a better bun for comps that way...and isnt that what its all about;) ?

19. lynn

lynn New Member

really?? i was thinking the opposite!! Short hair = no mess for comps! No need to tie it up whatsoever.

I have mid-shoulder length hair but b/c i had it layered a while ago, it looks shoulder-length..... i'm thinking of cutting it next summer considering i don't exactly have model-quality hair: shiny, smooth, silk-like. The way i figured, if i'm going to sport straw-like hair, might as well keep it short :oops:!

20. Twilight_Elena

Twilight_Elena Well-Known Member

I'm growing mine too. I'm not going for too long, shoulder blade height is my goal. I decided to grow it when I realised it the sexiest thing in ballroom. ;)

Twilight Elena